on 29 October 2010
This book, which I haven't finished reading yet, gives a wonderfully refreshing perspective to some of the major events during the life of Christ, which most of us are familiar with anyway.

Each little set piece provides a narrative from a slightly different point of view, which is both thought provoking and poignant (e.g. the story of the Three Wise Men is told by a scribe who accompanied them on their journey).

Mr Kossoff's writing style is just so easy to read, but I tend to regard him as an old friend anyway, having been brought up on his Old Testament stories and his 1960's TV series. It's like a kindly old uncle telling you a story.

For me, this book is a keeper - I'll read it to my grandchildren.
on 25 October 2010
David Kossoff was a brilliant man, full of humour and life. All his books are deeply thought provoking.
on 30 October 2013
The Book of Witnesses is a sequel to the renoened Bible stories by the same author.

Despite the fact that David Kossoff is by his own admission 'Jewish Actor'. He does a great job of Imagining the different accounts that many different witnesses of the birth, life and death of Christ might have experienced and so told us. Sadly [but not unpredictably] the book ends with the death of Christ and the soldiers being bribed to keep quiet.

You are left to wonder on the resurrection itself. A glaring omission for a book of witnesses to the central characther of all history: Jesus Christ
on 21 January 2015
I had this book about 30 or 40 years ago and mislad it during a move so I was pleased to get a copy. It was every bit as good as I remembered it.
The book was in good condition and came promptly.
on 20 October 2014
Another lovely little book which took me back to the days I used to be glued to the radio just to listen to him and be amused by his little 'asides'
on 17 February 2016
I have only just received this and haven't had time to read it yet, but I remember David Kossoff from way back as being a brilliant narrator.
on 11 September 2015
A real have to read great background reading for Unitarian students of theology
on 28 February 2016
So glad to have the opportunity to acquire a much-loved text which I had lost.
on 4 June 2015
trying to get this for years.
on 6 October 2014