Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 June 1999
Under Gemini is the story of identical twins Rose and Flora who, until they accidentally meet in a London restaurant, are unaware of each others existence. Rose, a sophisticated jet setter based in America is about to fly off to Greece, whilst Flora, from Cornwall is trying to find a job and a place to live. Rose persuades Flora to stay in her flat overnight and the following day meets Anthony, Rose's ex-fiancee. Flora reluctantly agrees to accompany him to Scotland pretending to be Rose, to see Anthony's ailing grandmother. The result is a marvellous story of deception, betrayal and love, set in a remote Scottish village. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
on 11 May 2017
Excellent, as always
on 5 April 2017
Excellent story with a very unusual twist, another very good book by her.
on 23 December 2014
My wife enjoyed it
on 15 October 2003
I really enjoyed this book. At first when I read the synopsis on the paper back, I thought it would be about a wife who was fed up with her husband,and wanted her sister to take her place, but was glad to find out it wasn't a husband but a fiance. It is about two sisters who are totally different in every way although twins. I found it a good book to keep me interested, but then I like a romance with a bit of mystery.
on 12 July 2012
I have not labelled this book as chick lit, but it is really, for the older generation. A lovely, gentle story which flows just as easily as Ms Pilcher's previous book The Shell Seekers. Pure escapism, you cannot help but get caught up in the drama of it all. The deception takes place by an 'unwilling' Flora, who agreed to the plan to help Anthony, Rose's fiancé out of a difficult situation. Flora wants to tell the truth, but Anthony is too scared to do so.
A great summer read, one for the plane or beach.
on 21 August 2013
Fantastic! Rosamunde Pilcher has the gift of delivering a wonderful story, weaving its characters in and out of an excellent story line. I much enjoyed it.
on 5 April 2011
A totally new departure for me, this is the first time I have reviewed an Audio Book. I recently discovered a collection of approximately twenty audio books that we have moved from house to house for years. It is time that most of them were moved on as tapes are rather out dated, although I might keep the classics. They do have one advantage though over books on CD's in that it is easier to find your place if you do not listen in one sitting. I normally listen to the radio or music on my i pod while I am ironing so time for an occasional change of routine.

I have started off with Under Gemini by Rosamunde Pilcher which was released in 1992 and I have no idea how or why I came to have it on tape. Rosamunde Pilcher is an author whose books I happen to have read no less than 7 of between 1990 and 1997 and just one since we left the UK in 2004. My favourite of her books which was originally published in 1987 is `The Shell Seekers' which was on the long list for The Best Love Story of the Last Fifty Years 1960 - 2010

This abridged version of Under Gemini was very easy listening, over two ironing sessions, nothing spectacular but I enjoyed listening to this tale of love, betrayal and deception. It is the story of identical twins Rose and Flora who are unaware of each others existence until they meet quite by chance in a London restaurant. The chances of this happening are so very remote that this did annoy me a little, but then this is a novel. They both lead very different lifestyles and for reasons that will be revealed to those that read or listen to this book, Rose persuades Flora to stand in for her to help her escape a man she no longer has romantic feelings for. In taking her twin sisters place Flora's life is changed for ever. A bit of a cliché but then it is as she finds happiness beyond her dreams.

Pleasant enough easy listening I certainly recommend you try her novels if you are a fan of British romantic fiction authors.
on 29 August 2016
Found that I had, somehow, missed this book from my collection. Great story - as they all are by this writer.
on 18 August 2014
story about two women who meet by accident find out they are twins sister.