Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Heaven (Casteel Family 1)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 November 2017
Ok - will never be as good as the Flowers in the Attic series!
on 23 May 2017
Interesting and engaging story
on 7 August 2017
this was my favourite author before she died , so its good to start collecting in e books lovely read
on 18 March 2014
I got this because I wanted something light and not too heavy. It is a good book that I remember reading in my teens.
on 13 April 2017
I read this book many years ago and so enjoyed reading it again.
on 22 October 2017
A very good read
on 20 June 2017
Just as good second time round after all these years, first class!
on 26 September 2017
This is an old book but truly readable. It's a sad story which tells the story of an incredibly poor family. Both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I bought a copy for my daughter and lent my book to my 95 year old mother, so it appeals to all ages.
on 4 November 2008
i was about 15 when i first read this book - i read it through the night and finished it at 7am - i had a hour sleep before i had to get up for school. this book had a massive impact on me at that age. to this day nearly ten years on, i have never found another author whose writings have had such an impact on me. and i have read hundreds if not over a thousand novels over the years. this book, as well as flowers in the attic, were the books that gave me the thirst for reading. i'm just sorry that andrews is dead beacuse the company that now writes under her name has never written anying that can even compare to the real andrews works. this book is a gem - i would however suggest that when you buy it - you must also purchase the following 4 in the series because once you have finished this - you will not be able to wait a couple of days for the next! can anyone reccomend to me a book that is a good as this - i would love to read it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 17 November 2006
This book introduces the Casteel children and their shocking living conditions in a mountain shack in Virginia. The description of the children and their individual personalities is very good and you feel that you really know them and the hardships they are having to live with and encounter at school. Heaven, the older of five siblings, has the added misfortune of being the child born of her fathers first wife who died in childbirth bringing her into the world. This makes for a great deal of resentment between Heaven and her father. I found it a very fast and interesting read and couldn't wait to start the second in the series, Dark Angel.