on 10 January 2000
I found this book absolutely fabulous! It was a real life saver for me when I was having problems breast feeding my new baby. It encouraged me to continue and had all the problems that I was going through so I didn't feel alone. I am now happily breast feeding my baby after 8 months. Of course the book is not only about breast feeding. I also found the recipes very good and the nutritional advice essential. This book is a must for all vegetarian mums and mums-to-be. Well done Rose.
on 26 October 2012
I read this book from front to cover as the introduction is very interesting too. I would recommend any vegetarian pregnant ladies to buy it, I bought when my baby was almost 6 months and ready to start solids but I think it's more useful to ladies who are still pregnant and also for the early days after your baby is born. There is great ideas of what to make and freeze for yourself before the baby arrives and you have no time to cook but need the extra nutrition for breastfeeding. I didn't find it as useful for the early stages of weaning but the recipes look great for older babies and children and as a general vegetarian cook book it's brilliant!
on 4 March 2010
brilliant! covers practically everything you need to know. great for non-veggies too. fab, tast recipes and masses of info on general health, nutritios food types and weaning as well as good foods for pregnancy. well worth the buy!
on 14 August 2010
It's hard to know where to start with this book... after being a big fan of Rose Elliot's other books, i was so dissapointed by this one.
To start off with, it's not really much of a recipe book. All of the things i tried from it were time consuming, not particually baby friendly and all had very odd quantities that either ment we were left going hungry or had enough to feed us for a week!
There was quite a good section on nutrition through out pregnancy, which gave good clear advice. Unfortunately, baby was already 6 months old so it wasn't relevant to me.
Most of the book was taken up by really off the wall parenting advice, such as reading your child's horoscope (an interesting theory, but not really what i want from a recipe book!)... also, as a bottle feeding parent, it made me feel a bit alienated.
There are lots of fab alternatives out there. Veggie food for kids was amazing ( Veggie Food for Kids ), as was Annabel Karmel's Baby and Toddler meal planner (obviously!), once a few tweaks had been made to make them veggie friendly.
Don't waste your money on this one!
on 29 December 2013
Love this book! has some really good recipes and the layout is well thought out as is the contents. I bought a few vegetarian books while i was pregnant and this is by far the best one!
on 31 August 2014
As a veggie found this book great for baby food ideas