on 21 March 2017
I've watched some of the tv dramas Wire in the Blood but never read the books I don't remember this story so that's why I chose it. What a great book I couldn't read it fast enough the suspense and shear. pace of the story . Jacko Vance an evil psychopath hiding under a celebrity cover the team headed by Dr Hill trying to expose him. The senior police offices not willing to believe the evidence accusing and insulting to Tony hill it's infuriating but an unmissable read tremendous !!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 October 2016
Engrossing and suspenseful - this is the novel VM has said was inspired by a meeting with a media celebrity whom she found unsettling. It certainly made her muse about the nature of celebrity and the licence it might afford the unscrupulous/psychopathic. Great read - better than the episode in the TV series of the same name.
on 13 May 2017
Finally getting round to McDermid's Hill and Jordan books and well worth the wait. Great characters throughout. Perhaps a bit too tense in places! I was slightly disappointed by the relatively easy ending, but by that timke I'd had enough tension for one book.
on 8 May 2017
This a gripping well written crime thriller by a top crime writer. The characters are realistic and believable. It took me a long time to get round to reading Val McDermid's novels. I am now reading my eigth one and I can't put them down.
on 19 October 2013
I loved the story. It is a real thriller. I watched the TV series but I loved to read the book. There are some of Tony Hill personality that I discovered with the book. Some sleepless nights as I could not stop to read. I was disappointed with the end but then I realized that the story continues with the book "The Retribution".
on 15 September 2017
I'VE BOUGHT THE WHOLE SERIES. SOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO READING THEM ALL.
on 13 August 2017
Shocking and compelling in equal measure. Couldn't put it down. I like the way the author seems to effortlessly switch from "whodunnits " to "whydunnits " in the Jordan/Hill series. Liked " the Mermaids singing" but thought this was better and altogether more challenging. Superb.
on 15 September 2017
Very much what you would expect from Val. Exciting script, beautifully written. She is a high-quality story-teller....and having seen most of the TV series with the wonderful Robson Greene, as you read, you close your eyes......and you're there.
on 20 July 2017
Brilliant, a must read for Tony Hill fans.
on 11 May 2017