on 8 August 2017
I was very lucky with this purchase. Not only is it one of the best guides to plants of mountainous areas, but when my friends told me what they had had to pay for their "used" copy, mine turned out to be an absolute bargain.
on 9 December 2014
I was after a book on Alpine plants this book ticks all the boxes for me delivery was as promised. Yes 5 Stars
on 5 September 2017
Good quality, as advertised
on 21 August 2014
Although I bought it second hand, this proved to be a phenomenal book to take to the Dolomites.
on 1 June 2010
Essential for any of the areas it covers, lots of helpful info, especially where you are likely to find which plants.
Very easy to use and light to carry.
But depending on where you are botanising you will probably need other books too.
on 27 January 2011
I've been searching for this book for some time. As it is out-of-print some outlets have been asking silly money. I found it on Amazon advertised by World of Books. The flower guide arrived today and it is first class. In good condition and invaluable as the best guide for identifying flowers which grow at over 1,000 metres in Britain and Europe
on 15 May 2015
Tried to identify flowers from photos taken in Picos de Europa but failed with the first three pictures. A bit disappointed although most were there in book.
on 28 October 2014
Recommended to me by a professor of botany, this is probably the only field guide on Alpines that you will ever need.
on 26 July 2016
I bought this book after a recent Naturtrek holiday in the Pyrenees as it had been used by our guide, and I knew it was pretty comprehensive. It has proved very useful, it covered all the species seen and gives detailed information to aid identification. The copy I bought arrived promptly, and although pre-used, was in very good condition.
on 15 September 2013
It is a shame it is out of print now, and you have to pay over the odds to get a copy