on 22 April 2018
Absaloutly brilliant from the first term to th last term. I highly recommend this book and I think your child would enjoy it at th age 9+ well, some 8 year olds are quite advanced at reading so if your chid is great at reading and is the age 8 then of course get the book. I think Enid is brilliant and oh how I hate gwen! slightly annoying though that they edited it for modern children. I read this and when Darrel gave Hwen a rough shake it wsas actually 4 stinging slaps. The editors made it way less dramatic. Either way I wont argue too much because I am rating this five stars. But if I like the older version better, then I shall read my old copies of Malory Towers. If you liked this book, I think you will love the Naughtiest Girl book. They are great too. Fantastic book, great read.
on 19 February 2016
If only life were this good. There are some breathtakingly cringeful moments in all these books, but they still give me a warm glow when I re-read them (in my 50s). Everything is so simple, right and wrong are so clear, and whether someone is honest or not can be discovered by whether their eyes are close-set or not. If only life were so straightforward. Lots of fun, and a real trip down memory lane.
on 13 July 2015
I loved this book because I normally read J. Wilson books but because my best friend recommend malory towers I thought I would give it a go. My fave character is sally because she is first Darrell's enemy but then they become besties. I havent read the 2,3 and 4th books yet but I think in the fifth at malory towers is a great follow on to the first book. I do hope that this series of books are turned into a telivision programme on cbbc like hetty feather , a book I recommend a lot. This book was lovely to read and I hope you like it and DON'T STOP READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 10 October 2015
The Malory Towers series by Enid Blyton was my favourite as a child. The books were written a long time before I was born and actually belonged to my mother who would have read them to me and my sister every night before bed. I don't know how many times she read those books to us (along with other Enid Blyton books she had from her childhood). Even now I still love these books and they will definitely be stories I will be reading to my future children.
on 8 March 2018
Tracked these down for my 10 year old. She seems to like as much as I did at the same age.
on 9 February 2018
Quick and easy sale, with a fantastic product. Highly recommended!
on 28 October 2015
This has been bought as a stocking filler, my daughter loves Enid Blyton but hasn't read this set yet. It is a little dated but my daughter doesn't seem to mind. Can't wait for her to start reading this book set.
on 22 April 2014
This is a typical story by Enid Blyton of school days from the past. Good fun to read, and also a sensible way into learning a little of what school was like in a past era. A jolly read, which flows naturally and most young people would certainly want to contintue through to the end.
on 9 August 2017
Retro read for a pressie and they loved it!!
on 5 September 2017