- Also check our best rated Ps3 Game reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PlayStation 3
The most exciting motocross videogame ever created – featuring all the official licenses from MX1, MX2 and MXoN including 84 riders, 32 teams, 16 nations, every track from every circuit and the new and exclusive monster energy trick battle!
- All the official tracks from USA to South Africa – race exact recreations of the official circuits!
- All three official competitions (MX1, MX2, MXoN)
- Full rosters from MX1, MX2 and MXoN (with 84 riders, 32 teams, 16 nations)
- New enhanced ‘off road X’ engine gives the perfect balance between arcade fun and extreme simulation
- Online mode for up to 12 players with rankings
- Improved career mode incorporates RPG elements – upgrade every aspect of your riders performance
- Wide variety of game modes including Quick Race, Championship, Monster Energy Trick Battle, Elimination Race, Check Point Race, Head to Head Race
- Monster energy trick battle features 6 spectacular arenas and 30 tricks
- Realistic engine sounds captured from each bike delivered in stunning 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound
- Over 200,000 unique rider specifics ensure the highest level of detail in any motocross game ever – photo realistic 3D models and highly polished liveries
- Dynamic terrain deformation - every bike (both player and AI) can produce up to 5 different types of ditch – every lap is unique as every rider (up to 12 simultaneously) tears up the track
- Photo mode – allows you to pause at any point and take a detailed photo from any angle to share with your friends
Top customer reviews
Gameplay: Fast and loose yet still fairly challenging handling, especially MX1 on harder levels. Collisions are few and very lenient, decide for yourself if that is a good thing. Performing a 'scrub' gives you a slight speed boost as does a sip of energy drink - you have 3 sips per race. Check out the gameplay for yourself on Youtube etc and decide for yourself. The purpose of this review is to mention things that you might not otherwise find out about until you buy it yourself.
Content: 12 tracks isn't much but they are very good and deform nicely between laps.
Design: Menus are functional
Options: Not many customisable options unfortunately. I would like an option to turn the scrub boost and energy drink boost off but they are not as bad as they sound I guess. A realism scale setting for the handling and collisions would have been nice. You can choose a difficulty level, randomize the order of the tracks, choose whether to qualify or not, and have 1 or 2 races per round but that is pretty much it for options. It also doesn't seem to save the gamma correction settings each time you load the game up which I find slightly annoying. There is an online race option which I haven't tried because I am not really very good.
Graphics: Pretty good except the game seems to freeze at twice in quick succession each race, this is not good. Animation is okay.
Sound: Play another song already. It seems like it has only three music tracks, I turned it off after 13 mins. I always turn music off for during races straight away but a few more songs for the menus would have been nice. The motorcycles themselves are recorded from the actual bikes but the crowd is the usual looped cheering with little regard to what is going on on the track, but then I guess that is pretty normal.
Life: There is the standard MX season mode and the MX of Nations, then there is a team career thing with 4 fictional riders which I haven't played yet to tbh. I would have preferred an option to create my own rider from scratch though. There is no split screen either.
Conclusion: With a patch or two I think this game wouldn't be half bad. I did make an impulse purchase though. Would I buy it again in hindsight? Not at £30, unless I was very, very drunk. [cough]
UPDATE: The glitching during a race has never been patched so I would avoid this game.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews