Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Edition - Sgt. Pepper Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Nov 2009, 22:00:54 GMT
Bruno Malha says:
Hello,

someone can tell me what is the difference between a "platinum editon" game a "regular edition" game??

example:
GTA IV platinum edition
GTA IV

Are the games different? new levels?!!

Posted on 30 Nov 2009, 17:10:01 GMT
RaFan says:
As far as I know there is no difference execpt the price.
Addons or something like that are not included.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2009, 11:01:33 GMT
The Mad Lep says:
When a game has sold a certain number of copies, it is certified as 'Platinum', and the price drops. This doesn't necessarily mean there are any extras included, such as add on games or levels. However, sometimes when a game goes Platinum that has had extra add ons on another platform (such as a PC version), these add ons are included. For example, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. When I got the Platinum version of this game, it included add ons that would previously have been bought separately. My advice would be to look on various sites before you buy, different sites offer different versions.
Have fun! :)

Posted on 10 Dec 2009, 10:19:49 GMT
Big_Al says:
That's right, when a game has sold a certain number of copies then it should be certified as 'platinum' and the price should drop. Unless ofcourse the game is called 'cod4' in which case despite massive sales outstripping most games by a significant order, they are entitled to maintain their high prices and even increase them whenever they feel like it. Hope that clears any confusion.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  25 Nov 2009
Latest post:  10 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about