Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

photoshop CS2 against Elements 11

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Feb 2013 17:44:15 GMT
Old-n says:
What will I gain having Photoshop CS2 going to Elements 11

Posted on 4 Apr 2013 23:07:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Apr 2013 01:27:56 BDT
Charlie-CJ says:
Hi Old-n. Quite a bit of difference going from full Photoshop to Elements, even if CS2 is an old version. Elements is always lethargic compared to Photoshop CS, and although Elements 11 has few new neat tools like the spot healing tool these are all cut-down versions of Photoshops CS6's ones, and as I love the Elements 11 Photo Editor rather than the Organizer side, I can't really recommend upgrading for any of the photo database Organizer features (but they are there). The obvious thing to do is to go to Adobe and download the fully functional 30 day trial of Photoshop Elements 11 and see what is different for yourself:

Other than the nag screen, it works just the same as the licenced version (for 30 days). I would expect that Elements 11 is better suited to Windows 7 64-bit, as Photoshop CS2 is 7 years old and no longer supported by Adobe. Also have a look at Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.0 as an alternative, that might be a useful addition to Photoshop CS2, although unlike Photoshop Elements 11, Lightroom 4.0 doesn't run under Windows XP. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2013 06:43:42 BDT
Jet 2012 says:
Could you please advise me on which system to buy if you DON'T want everything pulled from your organised folders into total disarray into the new organisers? I've used Photoshop x2 for years - would love to upgrade but when i bought photoshop express it was a nightmare! Trying to reduce the the areas selected to organise did not help - using date order was rediculous as photos appeared in dates PRIOR to the date taken and with titles which did NOT relate to the photo image. I hated it so much I have never used it. You can't contact Corel to ask a basic question but I am looking for a system which allows you to place a photo from a folder on your computer - work on it and save to said folder - please help me! Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2013 20:16:52 BDT
jerym says:
This is an excellent way out of your problem.
Download Picasa which will arrange your photos in the most convenient,flexible and easy to use system possible, right click on the photo then left click to open whichever editing programme you choose.
Nothing could be simpler, just try it.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2013 21:41:42 BDT
Jet 2012 says:
Thanks for the suggestion but I am actually looking for software /programme that WON'T rearrange my organised folders. I also want a programme that I can work on that is saved on the computer - all the later versions only have options to upload photos from the camera or the camera card! On working through ancestry I am copying old photos on to the computer and want to photo shop scratches out - these programmes don't allow for this. Can anyone help please?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2013 22:09:43 BDT
jerym says:
Picasa doesn't rearrange your folders but simply forms it`s own completely separate arrangement.
I have photoshop and paintshop on the computer and when a photo is right clicked I have a choice as to which programme will open with it.
I have scanned hundreds of old badly scratched, faded and folded family photos and it`s amazing how much they can be improved with paintshop pro after a little practice.
regards jerym

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jul 2013 07:28:36 BDT
Jet 2012 says:
That's great -thanks! I had looked at these products and on opening the options are only to download photo from camera or card so didn't know how I would work on older photos from the computer having been able to open directly from the software (Coral Photoshop Pro x2). Which software do you currently use please?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jul 2013 13:52:02 BDT
jerym says:
Hello Jet,
I've used coral paintshop Pro X2 for a few years now and found it excellent and there are tutorials available for rescuing old photos.
Glad to have helped
Regards Jerym

Posted on 17 Aug 2013 21:22:05 BDT
Hifly says:
I don't use the organiser side of Photoshop Elements at all, only the editing facility. So my folders are not rearranged. I transfer pictures directly into folders on my PC not via the Elements organiser or any other software.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  21 Feb 2013
Latest post:  17 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (PC/Mac) by Adobe Systems Inc. (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
4.3 out of 5 stars (845)