- Audio CD (29 Mar. 1999)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Label: Elektra
- ASIN: B0000256NE
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (34 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 45,095 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
The 'original' Bad Co. Anthology
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
WEA 755962391; WEA ITALIANA - Italia;
Top Customer Reviews
been with free and done a short stint with queen the anthology album by
bad company it greats british rock
"The Original Bad Co. Anthology" collects twenty-three of their best singles and album tracks. It draws from all their records, yet the compilers have wisely chosen to lean heavily towards the group's first two albums, which were also their best.
Their eponymous debut album is represented by no fewer than seven tracks (out of eight!), and five are culled from "Straight Shooter". And Elektra Records have even managed to find two good songs from the awful "Rough Diamonds" album, and it's actually very hard to find anything to say against the track selection, which is one of the best and most thorough I've ever seen.
Six B-sides and unissued songs are also included, as well as four brand new songs which make their debut here...and believe it or not, they're great!
Most of this is lean, mid-tempo rock music, bordering on hard rock. Bad Company had the ability to combine cruchy hard-rock riffs with great melodies, and they had a magnificent front man in Paul Rodgers, and a fine lead guitarist in Mick Ralphs.
This music is somewhat less bluesy and more mainstream than Paul Rodgers' previous band, Free, but it has a timeless sound that makes you wonder just why Bad Company ended up being lumped in with all the stale 70s rock dinosaurs, and all but forgotten in later years.
They certainly deserve much better, as this excellent collection demonstrates.Read more ›
Some of the most compelling rock music EVER made is contained on this. Paul Rodgers, Mick Ralphs, Simon Kirke & Boz Burrell gelled effortlessly and delivered the goods bigtime!!!
Superbly remastered with a huge booklet of lyrics, photos and biography, this is an absolute must for all lovers of rock.
No "Live for the Music" from Running with the Pack" which is probabaly the best track on that album and managed to get on "10 from 6" the original vinyl compilation which had to cherry pick 10 best tracks from six albums due to the limitations of vinyl.
Also no "Electric Land" which I believe was also a single and is from the generally awful "Rough Diamonds" album and is in my opinion the only really outstanding track on that album. Oh yes and it was also included on "10 from 6" - so it beggars belief, that like the above track, it gets missed off a far more expansive double CD compilation!! Me thinks this was a compilation made by a committee of perhaps the four original Members, who probably agreed on 90% of the content (as they tend to pick themselves anyway. it's the other 10% that is alwaya a worry, as it probably comes down to how well an individual thought they played on a particular track or perhaps to ensure a song written by them is included and has little to do with objective quality or what would be a fan's choice(who usually know better anyway about what a bands' best stuff is, as the band are too close to it)and this is how what should have been two obvious inclusions got missed, or at least that is the theory that is mine.
Can't wait to see them at Wembly in April 2010. If its anything like the Mott reunion it will be great.
Paul Rodgers has such a great voice and the bands best material camefrom their first six albums, if you don't own all six albums yet, this is definately a worth while purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great album, well pleased .delivered on time. Thank you elite digital.Published 6 months ago by neil scotland.
I bought this album because the music was featured on the supernatural TV show and I actually really enjoy listening to this music. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Vampirewerewolfzombielover
Some good songs.......but listen to FREE....where it's at , really!!!!!!!!✌️✌✌✌✌Published on 13 Jun. 2015 by XSmith
If you like Bad Co. you'll love this comprehensive collection. It's not vinyl though.Published on 7 Jun. 2015 by reddirt