Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

My order has been "Dispatching Soon" for about 36 hours...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Mar 2011 15:42:03 BDT
O. Moone says:
...is this normal?

According to Amazon's help pages, "Dispatching Soon" means that they have "started packing the items and preparing them for dispatch from our fulfilment centre".

Does it really take 36 hours to box and label something?

I only got the normal delivery option, but I ordered my Nintendo 3DS on Friday afternoon and am STILL waiting for it to even be prepared for leaving the depot/fulfilment centre!

People had told me Amazon have gone downhill from when I last used them, around 2 years ago. Back then I often had items delivered way BEFORE I had expected them ... now, this is rubbish.

Posted on 18 Apr 2011 14:03:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Apr 2011 14:04:23 BDT
My order has been doing the same thing.. i ordered it last night (17. April) and it's been "Despatching Soon" over night to now (15:00, 18. April). I wonder why it hasn't gone anywhere? :S

Posted on 29 Apr 2011 08:01:05 BDT
M. Molzahn says:
My order is in "dispatching soon" status since the 25th of April, can it really be that time-consuming to pack a small console?
Is anyone else still waiting?

Posted on 3 May 2011 17:32:27 BDT
Mr. F. Rich says:
I have been buying things from Amazon for over 10 years now, and I have definitely noticed a deterioration in service over the past 4-6 months. As a Prime member I always got items next day, without exception. I would say that over the past 6 months I am perhaps receiving half the next day, most the day after that, and some even later! I have had an item 'dispatching soon' for 36 hours now. If they'd dispatched yesterday via Royal Mail I would have received it today. I will definitely NOT be renewing my Prime membership, as it is clearly a waste of money now considering the delivery times.

As an aside, complaining about late deliveries gets a quick response, but having complained twice in the last 3 weeks I am getting fed up. Refunds or money off future orders are not offered, or any other goodwill package for inconvenience. They seem unable to comprehend that 'next day delivery' should mean precisely that. They need to get it sorted otherwise I will be an 'ex-customer'.

Posted on 20 May 2011 12:03:14 BDT
Mikey Mike says:
I have been a good customer of Amazon's from the time when all they sold was books. I was a Prime member for more than one year, but the problem with this (for me at the time - it may have changed) was that a product ordered on Friday would only come on Monday, whereas if you just chose Royal Mail 1st it would arrive on the Saturday. Also with Prime, I found items kept coming with HDNL, which aren't too good in my book.

But to the case in point......"Dispatching soon"!!! Sometimes I get to the basket and delivery can be £5, which is a lot - so I quite often choose Free Delivery. But I have noticed more and more that Dispatching Soon can be shown for more than a day, so I am now buying from other places. This needs sorting........they are clearly holding items back AND LOSING CUSTOM (note to Amazon and Jeff Bezos in his spaceship).

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2013 16:39:11 GMT
Mine says dispatching soon although payment has been taken, iv had It confirmed with my bank aswell, so dnt know What to do know, amazon or the seller Have no answers for me, iv been a loyal customer and first time had a problem. I Hope I'm no been ripped off or anything like that. It's services Have really gone down hill recently.

Posted on 2 Jun 2013 18:59:41 BDT
UPSETCODFAN says:
I bought a game called bulletstorm and got a message saying dispatching soon but then when i go on my orders it says not yet dispatched

Posted on 4 Sep 2013 14:18:59 BDT
Shona says:
I ordered something sunday with next day delivery, expected it tuesday, need it for school (starts tomorrow) and it hasn`t even dispatched yet. `Dispatching now` for four days.

Posted on 1 Dec 2014 12:29:00 GMT
Felicity T. says:
if a product is preparing for dispatch does that mean the payment has been debited? its too early to tell on my banking and I am really confused about what i owe still....anyone know???

Posted on 30 Dec 2014 17:06:29 GMT
Shelley says:
How long does thing take, when it's saying preparing for dispatch?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2016 20:03:06 GMT
I have the same problem

Posted on 1 Mar 2016 20:04:37 GMT
I have the smae problem

Posted on 3 Mar 2016 23:20:54 GMT
Gareth says:
I have the same issue. I'm supposed to be getting a moto g3 tomorrow. It's 23:20 and it still hasn't been despatched.

Posted on 12 May 2016 16:50:30 BDT
Exactly the same issue; however I emailed their generic email address and have been promised the items will be sent by the end of the day. One item has been sent however the other still has the above status.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  29 Mar 2011
Latest post:  12 May 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about