Colour Name: Black|Change

on 18 October 2014
I wanted a practical "man bag" to hold and project my tablet whilst keeping travel documents to hand and I have to say this does the job a treat,

I have an early Samsung Galaxy 10 inch tablet which is a bit meatier than more modern maodels but this bag holds it in a padded section with no problem. There is plenty of room for a passport, pens, specs, mobile, even a charger.

The non slip strap thing works well, it stays on your shoulder even when bending or moving about sorting your main luggage at checkin etc.

A bit pricey, I've since seen similar for a fair bit less but this is well made, looks smart and works well. To be recommend.
This shoulder bag is surely one of the best looking carry bags on the market for tablets and mobile devices up to around 10" size, including the Apple iPad range. It is beautifully designed and manufactured and is now available at a very reasonably price. I originally purchased one for myself mainly because of its attractiveness and the numerous padded internal compartments and zipped outer pocket. But then I noticed friends and family members buying iPads without much regard to how best to transport and protect them. I duly purchased 3 more i-stay carry bags and gave them away as Christmas presents and they were gratefully received. I have little doubt these bags will protect their contents if accidentally dropped although I have yet to put that feature to the test. The shoulder strap is adjustable, well padded at the shoulder and replaceable, should the need arise. As far as I am aware this shoulder/messenger bag is only available in black & white. I am very happy to recommend both the bag and seller who carefully placed the bags in a cardboard box even though it was unnecessary.
on 3 January 2013
I bought one of these bags to carry my 10.1 Samsung Galaxy tablet both for work and leisure. It holds the tab well with plenty for padding for protection and space to carry other essentials. Overall, a top tablet bag that is well made and strong.
on 7 January 2013
I recently purchased one of these ipad bags as I liked the look of it. I really underestimated the non slip strap - it is really great! Extremely happy.
on 25 March 2013
Good protective case for my iPad. Well made, good value, well worth it.
Would recommend it to anyone after small protective bag for iPad !
on 23 August 2015
How hard can it be to make a good bag? Based on my previous bag, it appears to be very hard - slippery material, no padding or protection (my tablet suffered a slight ding), one of the zips broke within the first week and it was all black (both exterior and interior) so it was difficult to find my stuff...enter the i-stay bag.

----- My requirements -----

I needed a small bag that could fit my Asus TF201 tablet along with its cover and keyboard plus my two phones, wallet, pen, small notepad, earphones, house keys and Pouch case containing a powerbank, its charger, 2 pendrives, phone charging cable and USB-to-microUSB adapter. It needed to look good for work and have good protection for its contents.

----- Why this bag? -----

Simply put, it seemed to meet all my requirements above; other bags didn't look as good, or didn't seem to offer enough protection or were too big.

----- My experience -----

I've been using the bag for around 4 months now, and it really does meets all my requirements above. The tablet and its cover just barely fit...but they do, so no problem there (I must admit I was quite afraid it wouldn't fit, so yay!)

The strap is also good and really does hold on well, although it will eventually slip off, depending on the type of shirt you're wearing.

I must admit that I thought that the phones would fit better. As it is, there is place for only one phone; the other is placed in such a way that it is relatively secure and shouldn't jostle about in the bag too much. I guess this is the compromise for having a small portable bag.

----- Conclusion -----

A very portable bag that fits the bill. I will probably be taking it abroad with me next month, so if I notice anything else worth mentioning I'll update the review.

- Small but fits all my stuff (just!)
- Good padding and protection in general
- Looks good even in a professional environment
- Good shoulder strap
- Zips fell of good quality, except the one on the inside which seems just average

- I would really like a handle on top of the bag so I can easily grab it - in fact I'm considering retro-fitting this and is the main reason why I didn't give it a perfect score of 5/5
- Not exactly cheap, but quite reasonable and will hopefully stand the test of time well
- The contents in the compartment at the very front of the bag are not that easily accessible
- I think the bag could be made to contain even more useful compartments
- The i-stay logo has some scratches...not a big deal to be honest, just thought I'd mention it
- Since there are 2 zip toggles for each of the two main compartments and are made of metal, they have a habit of making a clanking noise sometimes, although this is not always noticeable.

By the way, if you want more information or pictures of any spot in particular, please do not hesitate to ask!

*** EDIT 22 December 2015 ***
As mentioned in my review above, I took the bag abroad on a business trip and I must say it was a god send; carried all my important stuff including some snacks (and even a small bottle of water one time) with relative ease. Some minor signs of use have started showing up, but nothing significant (especially considering I use it frequently and have a (bad) habit of not taking too much care of it) it's standing the test of time well so far.
on 9 June 2016
Good item which takes several publications together with a 9.7" iPad.
Emblem on front of bag too bright -White background with a red badge. Draws unnecessary attention to the bag and what you might have inside. I'm not one who wants to advertise for the makers. Better if the badge was more discrete. Covered the white leather with a black marker pen, but it doesn't last long.
on 22 September 2016
This is a great little bag. It's well designed with loads of useful compartments and the internal padding offers excellent protection for a tablet. The only problem is it looks a bit naff. The white flash sticks out like a sore thumb and it's covered in the manufacturer's red and black roundel trademark. It's a real shame it's not a bit more discreet because then it would be perfect.
on 25 November 2013
This is a great bag for carrying a tablet PC and a few other accessories around. The bag isn't heavy so the strap isn't a big deal, but it really does prevent the bag from slipping so kudos to the people at i-stay for designing that. The bag has a robust design, with quality zippers. It has two separate inside pockets with several compartments and slots, including a padded compartment with a velcro strap for securing the iPad. My iPad Air fits with a little room to spare, even with the SmartCase. Another reviewer mentioned that the outside pocket was a bit too slim and deep. It is a bit tight. It's not really deep but even my smallish female hands won't really fit inside the pocket to dig around for stuff, especially when the other compartments are full. I suppose the front pocket would be OK for storing a passport or plane ticket, though. The bag itself easily fits an iPad, a thin wallet, a mobile, a few pens or some keys and a Moleskine journal or small book. So it's a nice "man bag" (though men might prefer black or red to purple!) or a good replacement for a purse/messenger bag.

I will definitely look into getting an i-stay strap for the next notebook computer bag I buy. I could really see that strap helping immensely with heavy shoulder bags.

The people at bags-direct were really nice and immediately helped me with an enquiry I had, so I can attest to the service there as well. All in all, great product and good service!
on 8 September 2015
So let me start off by saying I bought this bag for my old Samsung Galaxy Tab S. It is great, has nice protection for the tablet, the thick strap to hold your tablet in place gives you that extra re-assurance it's fully locked in. The little pocket in the same tablet compartment is big enough to fit all my chargers into with the addition of a small HDMI cable, 2 micro-usb adapters and some headphones.

The middle compartment is where I used to store my slimline Bluetooth keyboard and standard size mouse which all fit well. I had a touch screen pen and a standard pen. The very front pocket was big enough to store a 24000mah powerbank and the plug for my tablet, I even squeezed a Playstation 3 controller in the middle compartment with all of that.

So yes it did me great, but as you can see from my accessories list I was trying to turn my tablet into a computer and it just wasn't working, so I went out and bought the Surface 3 10.8" my main worry was does it fit in the same bag with all the extra accessories and the type cover... Well yes kind of, it completely maxes out the tablet compartment and has done some damage to the two corners of my type cover as the type cover it material and the fit was tight it's permanently creased and damaged them, I also can't fit an Xbox 360 controller in by barely a mm.

So in all this is a great bag for an iPad or a standard tablet but I wouldn't try using is for a Computer tablet especially if you have a lot of accessories like me. It could do with just being an extra 2 inches longer and wider then it'd be perfect.