massG® USB to MIDI Interface Converter Cable
|Price:||£4.99 FREE UK delivery.|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- USB to MIDI KEYBOARD PC INTERFACE CONVERTER CABLE
- Play on instrument and then edit on PC to delivery best performance
- Connect/Disconnect as wish due to Hot - Swappable design
- USB connection to PC
- Support Windows XP/Vista and Apple MAC
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
USB to MIDI Interface Converter Cable. Use this Midi Converter cable to record your instrument onto your computer so it can be edited. Perfect for any musician wanting to record onto their computer. Features: Product Dimensions 16.5 x 10.2 x 2.5 cm Easy to install with built-in driver; USB powered, no AC adapter needed Plug and Play 1 in + 1 out MIDI interface; 16 MIDI input channels & 16 MIDI output channels LED power indicator - MIDI in & out signal indicator Easy to turn your PC into a music studio, start by connecting a music keyboard to your computer with the supplied USB MIDI Cable Supports: Windows 7/XP/Vista/ME/2000/98SE, Mac OS 9X etc
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Connect correctly the cable to keyboard MIDI connectors (IN to OUT and OUT to IN). If not exactly this connection you could defect the laptop USB. In the least case the USB can stop working and the laptop has to be restarted to restore it.
2. This MIDI to USB adaptor does not come with a driver and at first connection nothing works. If you open the system device manager you shall see that this USB port has an exclamation mark to it (i.e. does not work).
3. To make it work you need to download from internet the free driver ASILO4ALL This is an exe file - when you take it double click to install the driver and you shall see how the exclamation mark above has disappeared. Immediately after this you shall see that the initially existing red light on the MIDI-USB cable (showing power on) is now joined by one of the green lights showing that the adapter works.
4. At this stage your keyboard is connected to the laptop and you can enter notes into the notation software. What you shall notice now is that the sound from the laptop comes through the loudspeakers of the keyboard. The sound is good, but Clavinova does not have the rich sound library of the soundcard (which is now obsolete) and perhaps violins can sound as piano.Read more ›
I chanced my arm buying this hoping it would just plug and play and process the midi data straight into pro-tools...but realistically knowing it wouldn't.
I was wrong. I used Windows 7 and it just worked straight away. No hassles. No drivers. No screaming or beating up brittle objects. Very pleased.
It was everything I personally wanted so it scores full marks.
This cable works just fine.
PC is windows 7.
Inital latency probs between the keyboard and the PC software were solved by installing ASIO4ALL driver as mentioned elsewhere. - This is an essential and easy thing to do and shows that the cable is fine and not a cause of latency.
A cheap and recommended cable bargain!
I wanted to use the free Synthesia software and for that it is nice to have the midi feature; but I have no experience regarding midi whatsoever. A definite newbie. But I followed advice and plugged the "in" to the "out" and the "out" to the "in" and then plugged the other end into my old Fujitsu ST5112 tablet pc.
Turned on keyboard, turned on computer, opened up software and followed the easy instructions on where the signal was coming from and where I wanted the sound to go.
Played with software. No latency problems whatsoever insofar as this software is concerned.
Sometime in the future I intend to order Steinberg the Grand 2 for my Casio, which will be more of a test for the cable. But I am fully expecting it to work well.
Cable doesn't look the most expensive out there, but works well and, if it should fail within a reasonable time frame, I would have no hesitation in buying the same model as replacement again.
It's a good buy and I recommend it. FIVE STARS!!
Thanks to Amazon for a good product at an AMAZING price.
All I had to do was plug the cable toa USB and everything should work (note alway plus it into the same USB every time, may cause problems if you don't), After that, Windows recognised it as well as Cubase.
Using it with Cubase was great, virtually no lag which is brilliant. Though I did find that, when using my Yamaha DD-65 drum kit, it would double the notes so when editing I had to delete those extra notes. Similar thing for my Yamaha PSR-290, this time notes were being held when I never held them when playing. This only happened sometimes.
REMEMBER, when working with MIDI, you plug the OUT cable into the IN and vice verse. That stumped me for a while!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Piece of junk, looks like it's pot luck if the one you buy works. PC never even recognised it and it's not worth the hassle spending hours getting it to work.Published 3 months ago by Larry
Very good delivery, literally less than 2 days I believe. The product isn't great though. When it works, it is amazing value, but it is not reliable enough for live sampling... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Seems okay. Worked fine with XP. Windows 7 needed some help from the internet to get it to work. Great value for moneyPublished 6 months ago by Doug
works for years now without a problem, all the time.Published on 20 July 2014 by balazs kortvelyessy
I'm not much into midi, so I don't know about other cables, but this one works just fine for me at a very cheap price. Can't be much wrong.Published on 26 Jan. 2013 by Alexander
Very solid wire and excelent connection. Im using it withNovation keyboard connecting it to a mac and it works as it should. No his no lost data. Read morePublished on 7 Dec. 2012 by Piotr Gabka