- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 223352 KB
- Print Length: 224 pages
- Publisher: powerHouse Books; 1 edition (12 Jun. 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008N2X7M0
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,756,936 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
leeclowsbeard Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 224 pages|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I am constantly amazed that this extraordinary writer was able to say so much so well. Well done, Jason Fox. Not only were you able to get inside the head of a living icon, you were able to use his beard to speak for him in a way that even he applauded.
Sure, it's a compilation of observations on the ad biz, but really, at its core, it is a treasury of wit and insight that gives voice to many of the universal truths that anyone in a customer -service field has experienced.
By nature of its concept, this collage of Tweets is an easy read, but the stellar writing is able (like any good fortune cookie has proven) to artfully show how wisdom is best communicated by few words.
You will immediately relate to the truths that come from "The Beard".
And you will think back to all those meetings where the end goal was lost as the team over-complicated another assignment.
Jason Fox reminds us that the best writing is honest and simple. And advertising really isn't as complicated as Sterling & Cooper wants you to believe it is.
The most impressive thing about this book is that the wisdom imparted from a collection of tweets is useful in any creative endeavor. I believe this book will be interesting to you if you do creative work and/or you are an entrepreneur or aspire to be one.
My only caveat would be for you to purchase the dead tree version of this book. The kindle version is tedious because of the way the book is formatted. You will find yourself flipping back and forth between "e" pages trying to read some of the pithier text. It takes away some of the magic.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Advertising
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Direct
- Books > Reference > Quotations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Photography > Professional
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Marketing & Sales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Quotations