Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Apr 2011, 21:07:17 BST
lizt says:
Apologies but I'm not very technically minded. My son is asking for this game but all he has is a laptop with Vista. Is it likely this game will play ok? Many thanks. Liz

Posted on 20 Apr 2011, 01:37:38 BST
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2011, 01:40:05 BST
J. Cato says:
It depends on his system specs, such as his processor, processor speed, amount of RAM, GFX Card and HDD space. You can find out all of this information by pressing Start and then right clicking on My Computer and pressing Properties.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2011, 20:54:47 BST
lizt says:
Many thanks. Went into start, found computer but could only find system properties. The Processor is listed as 'Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00GHz. RAM is 2.00 GHz. Couldn't see anything called GFX card. Can see Hard Disk Drives, (is this the same as HDD space?), it says (2), Vista (C:) 36.4gb free of 74.9 gb and Data (E:) 68.1 gb free of 72.6 gb. I don't know if this is the info that will say whether or not the game will play. Any help will be much appreciated. Checked out PC world thinking maybe I could buy a computer for his birthday that would play games and was quoted £799. That's more than I'm prepared to pay for something to play games on - sadly from my son's point of view! Liz

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2011, 00:32:57 BST
J. Cato says:
Ok well what I usually use to check if I can run a game before buying it is going to this website;

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Simply type in the name of the game which in this case is StarCraft 2 and it will appear in a drop down box, select it and then press the "Can You Run It?" button, the website will ask for access to your computer so it can assess your system, then after about 20seconds it will load up saying Pass or Fail, you can then scroll down and it will highlight each area, stating if your computer has passed the requirement. If the computer gets above a pass then his computer can run it :)

If you do wish to get your son a new computer if his current cannot handle it then have a look at the system specs of the computer you are thinking of buying and compare it to Starcraft 2's system requirements found in the following link;

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=26242&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=3633

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2011, 22:37:26 BST
lizt says:
Many thanks. I'll sit down and do as you suggest tomorrow. I've got till May 19th to decide what to get him for his birthday. LizT
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  16 Apr 2011
Latest post:  21 Apr 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Mac/PC DVD-ROM)
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Mac/PC DVD-ROM) by Blizzard (Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Windows XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars (311)