I'm Rebecca, so I'll dispense with the 'Rebecca is ...' thing, if that's okay. I herd words into various formats, from novels to poems to blogs, magazine articles, and tweets.
A BIT ABOUT ME
Total word nerd.
My first novel, Palaces and Calluses, has hit all kinds of best seller lists on Amazon. Don't you prefer 'bestseller' to 'best seller'? It's like 'website' and 'web site'. Who still says 'web site'? I'm going to keep using 'bestseller' and see if it catches on. Technically, it's correct. Amazon says 'best seller' though. Let's start a 'bestseller' movement. Anyhow, Palaces and Calluses hit bestseller lists in: the UK, the US, Canada, Germany, France, and Italy. Squillions of people have now gained pounds due to my irresistible descriptions of croissants. You're welcome. If Rock, the dog, isn't one of your fave characters in the book - even if you're not a dog person - let me know. You'll be the first. Rock's actually based on a real dog, who was called Rob. Splendid chap.
Some other stuff about me ...
I'm a columnist for Writing Magazine and The Small Business Owner Magazine.
I'm a prize-winning social media addict.
- Listed as the most influential woman in England on Google Plus, with one of the only verified UK accounts on the network.
- Named by Mashable as one of the top people for marketers to follow on Google Plus
- Listed as one of Hootsuite's 'UK Social Media Stars'
- Listed as one of the 'Klout UK Top 100'
- Winner of Ms Twitter UK in 2009 with the slogan: 'The pen is mightier than the pin-up'
- Finalist in the Shorty Awards (Literature Category) in 2010
- Named one of the Top 100 Most Powerful Women on Twitter in 2011 (Twitter Grader)
NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT I ...
... once had pizza with Stephen Fry
... once interviewed Christina Aguilera's mum
... can read upside down writing
... set out the houses in my books in The Sims to see how long it would take a character to walk through them