Customer reviews

on 16 November 2010
The book gave me a full understanding of my first i Phone. Each feature was clearly written and guided me through each step of my adventure. The tips and notes throughout the book were particularly useful also the visual pictures of some of the screens.
Details of using the phone have been explained well such as dialling and receiving calls and using voice control and visual voicemail. Amazing tips on the keyboard have improved my confidence.
There are also tips on getting the best results when using the camera, such as shooting in light and dark situations and taking photos close up.
Face Time features have been written in a fun way and I am sold on the idea already!
Benefits of the i Phone's multitasking feature are covered well.
I think this is the book that should be in the box as the title suggests.
on 21 August 2017
Arrived the next day.- A very good and useful read if you have already covered the basics of I-phone use.
on 4 September 2014
Perfect just what I wanted able to look up all I am not sure about.
on 12 January 2010
This is an amusingly written book that contains everything you need to know about making the most of your iPhone. It is totally up to date with information about the 3GS. A lot of techical books are dry and hard to read but this will bring a smile to your face on almost every page. It really simplifies the iPhone and helps one use the iPhone to its maximum potential. The illustrations are first class.
on 17 January 2011
I asked for this for Xmas 2010, as I have had an I-Phone for 18 months, but still struggle with it somewhat. The book is quite good. I have learned some things I did not know. But on some topics, where I wanted very precise information, the book didn't really solve my problems. It gives a leg-up over the Apple I-Phone online manual, but I had higher hopes for it.

A nice present though, and easier than accessing the Apple manual online all the time.
on 3 January 2010
There were a good number of things that I just didn't know about the iPhone 3G (or 3GS if I had one) that are covered in this book. I found it easy to read, amusing, and very useful in getting to grips with my new (2nd-hand) 3G. Its not for the real experts but for a newbie to iPhones it was what I needed.
This series of easy to read, highly informative guides have, over the years, greatly expanded my working knowledge of the Mac experience and this one is no exception. I cannot recommend them too highly and eagerly await my new iPhone having done the essential preparation the Missing Manual series provides.

Although I am a Mac fanatic, I am well aware that the series also provides exceptional insight into the various Windows systems provided by Microsoft.

If you want to find out about computers, or anything relating to them, you just cannot go wrong by checking out Missing Manuals.
on 26 September 2011
10 years ago,when I was 78, my son gave me an old G3 computer. When I asked about the handbook he replied,"you don't get a handbook"but there is a book called The Missing Manual.

That was the first of my Missing Manuals. Now I have them for my iMac (Leopard Edition) iPod,,Photoshop Elements, iPhone 3&4 and the iPad2. The older I get the more I forget
and without them I would be lost. In fact had I not known about the Manuals, I would not have bought any of the gear mentioned.

The books are clear concise and not too high tech for me. You can't go wrong with a Missing Manual.
on 10 October 2016
I would be lost without it
on 23 January 2014
The missing manual series is invaluable in providing in depth information on the product / software clearly and logically in user friendly language. You also get plenty of advice and tips to help get the most out of the product and a link to further information, updates and errata from user's experience. The layout, typeface and screenshots are very clear. Having just bought my first iPhone, downloaded Apple's manual, I couldn't wait for Mr Pogues latest and it hasn't disappointed! I have used others from the series; OSX, PS Elements, iWork, iPad etc and have been more than pleased. So, if you're looking for a reliable companion for your kit, I think the big green books should be your first port of call. Happy reading!

Amazon's usually excellent speed of delivery was a little tardy on this one.