on 24 September 2012
For a non computer-geek like me I am lost without an instruction book! There is an on-line free manual for the iPad of course, but there is quite a lot more in the book. I am a fan the 'Missing Manuals' and have bought several in the past covering various changes in operating systems as well as specific applications and this one for the iPad proved as useful as the rest.....even though I will never have either the desire, or the need, to use many of the devices facilities and capabilities.
on 18 May 2012
Aptly named, "The Missing Manual". Quite necessary if you want to be able to get the most from your iPad. Thoroughly recommended, well written with a fine index and page reference to each subject. Just the book for a novice like me.

Clifford
on 19 June 2012
The book arrived when promised and is so useful to dip in and out to find help, very well written too.
on 19 September 2012
Good book. I have found it very useful. It is much better than the downloaded version of the manual from Apple. The book could do to have a bit more on iTunes for the uninitiated.
on 12 July 2012
I printed out Apple's manual and felt Ideeded outside help. This book supplies that need. Difficult to review because one dips into it as a problem presents itself. So far so good.
on 5 December 2012
This book has all the answers and has helped me to open up the Allidins Cave of the iPad to discover it's potential
on 22 November 2012
The other books in The Missing Manual series were wonderful and gave fantastic "inside" information. This one let me down after the first few pages. In fairness any of these books have to be delved into when one comes up against a problem, and i have found the iPad 2, very easy to use and have not come up against any problems so far. The information about the keyboard was the most useful immediately.

But in comparison to say, The Missing Manual Mac OS X, Tiger Edition which after years I still delve into, it is very weak.

declan
on 30 May 2013
Although computer literate, my wife and I were new to Apple and touch screen devices and needed to get familiar with the iPad. We should have bought this manual at the same time as the iPad; it would have saved time getting used to the new way of working.(playing). The manual is easy to follow and covers enough to get you familiar with controls and how to use the features of the iPad.We managed all the basics in a few hours with the manual and now just use it for occasional reference when we want to try out something different. The manual is ideal if you are new to iPad and are not familiar with iPhone or other apple devices. It has enabled us to get the most out of the iPad as many of the features are not apparent without being shown them.
on 22 February 2013
the iPad is a whole new thing for me (in my 80th year) and unlike the grandchildren I don't just pick up technology and use it, so this little book has made the iPad into a joy.
on 20 November 2012
This is an excellent book and provides lots of answers and tips that I couldn't find elswhere. Well worth the price