- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 6th Revised edition edition (27 Dec. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118728262
- ISBN-13: 978-1118728260
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (134 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 262,424 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
iPad for Seniors For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) Paperback – 27 Dec 2013
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- Navigate your iPad, get connected, browse the web, and use e–mail
- Make FaceTime video calls and stay in touch with Facebook and Messages
- Play games, watch movies, take and share photos, and use Siri
IN FULL COLOR!
It′s portable, it′s intuitive, and it′s fun. It′s the incredible iPad and here′s the guide to get you started!
The iPad is a cool tool for the 50+ crowd. It′s small enough to take anywhere and packs a powerful punch. This friendly book walks you through your iPad′s features from fun stuff like sending e–mail and texts, sharing photos and video, and enjoying games, books, apps, and movies to creating Reminders, managing your calendar, and beyond.
- Start out right explore the multitouch interface and get familiar with the built–in apps and Control Center
- The online world shop, plan a vacation, watch the news, or just have some fun surfing the web with Safari
- Go mad for media fill your iPad with your favorite music, books, photos, games, and TV shows and sync it all with iCloud
- On track remember appointments and important dates with Reminders and manage your schedule with Calendar
- Your helper ask Siri to pick a good restaurant, respond to your e–mail, or notify you when it′s time to go
Open the book and find:
- Useful features for those with vision or hearing challenges
- Everything about sharing files and photos with AirDrop
- How to keep your iPad safe
- Help making FaceTime video calls
- How to share information with Messages and social media
- Advice on staying organized with Calendar and Notes
- Ways to get from Point A to Point B with Maps
- Secrets for making friends with Siri
About the Author
Nancy C. Muir is a columnist and consultant as well as the author of more than 100 books on business and technology, including all editions of iPhone For Seniors For Dummies. Nancy runs the TechSmartSenior website and writes for RetireNet.com.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Both books for their theme have iPad device, allowing the reader to learn in the shortest time how to use iPad Air, iPad with Retina Display, iPad 2 and earlier iPad models.
"iPad For Seniors For Dummies" puts special emphasis on the elderly, therefore in certain topics entering deeply into the detail, that is reasonable considering the audience it addresses, that are not used to gadgets and all technological revolution that has occurred in recent years.
Although I'm not part of the audience for whom this book is written, I especially like its beginning where the author in an intuitive and user-friendly way is explaining how to choose the model of the iPad and its accessories, together with all of their characteristics on which attention should be paid depending on the user's interests.
After such interesting start, the authors in second big chapter included information about most important options setting, about Internet browsing and e-mail communication, how to get social with your cool gadget, how to purchase things and what are the most useful applications that can be found in App Store.
In following chapter, audio / video media is discussed, how to use iPad as e-book reader, how to play music and browse photos, watch videos and play games.
The book last chapter is probably the most interesting because it provides information about managing your life using Apple device, helping things make on time, finding and managing friends, even talking to your device when there is no other friend around...Read more ›
I would and have already recommended it to others.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it's ok, the only trouble is my iPad is iPad Mini 1 so I hope it will be ok for mePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Jargon still present and not answering all the basic problems for a first time 'i' user.Published 14 months ago by Campus