- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 6th Edition edition (17 Jan. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118723066
- ISBN-13: 978-1118723067
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 1.9 x 23.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (49 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 266,760 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
iPad For Dummies Paperback – 17 Jan 2014
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- Use Control Center, get connected, and browse the web
- Talk to the world with texts, e–mail, social media, and FaceTime®
- Entertain yourself with music, movies, photos, books, and apps
IN FULL COLOR!
No matter which iPad you have, here′s how to get things done and have some fun
Packed with tons of new features, the iPad puts a whole world of productivity and entertainment in your hands. From staying organized with Notes, Calendar, and Notification Center to sharing photos and video with friends and family, battling it out with Game Center, hitting the road with Maps, or catching up on your favorite TV show, if you′re ready to start your iPad adventure, For Dummies is here to guide the way.
- Say hello! explore the multitouch display and built–in apps, customize your settings, and fill your iPad with all your stuff
- It′s all online browse the web, send e–mail and texts, and stay in touch with the world with social media and FaceTime
- Fun and games listen to iTunes Radio, add effects to your photos, and enjoy the latest apps, books, movies, and more
- Work it out use the new Control Center, manage your Contacts, keep track of your schedule, and remember it all with Reminders
- Make a friend get directions from here to there, find a good movie or restaurant, check the weather, or just see what Siri′s up to
Open the book and find:
- Steps for getting started with your iPad
- Where to find cool content to fill your iPad
- How iCloud can keep your music, photos, contacts, and apps safe
- Tips for using Siri to compose e–mail and text messages
- Ways to share photos and documents with others using AirDrop
- How to stay connected with Facebook® and Twitter®
- Advice on shooting, editing, and sharing photos and HD video
- Troubleshooting help
About the Author
Edward C. Baig is the Personal Tech columnist for USA TODAY as well as the author of Macs For Dummies. Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus pens the popular "Dr. Mac" column for the Houston Chronicle and is the author of OS X® Mavericks For Dummies.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The authors are not talking just about the device, but also about applications and programs with which some nice things can be done on iPad that is nice add-on.
Though I'm not a regular reader of this book series, so I can compare it with the few other editions, this one will be primarily enjoyed by those readers who know nothing or very little about this device.
Partly the reason surely lies in the fact that the iPad was well designed, providing majority of its settings and options self-explanatory.
Still, the book instructions and provided pictures are of good quality and easy to follow while common questions for first time, novice or elderly iPad users are addressed.
Therefore this book primarily can be recommended to these groups of readers, as well as those who always love to read the instruction manuals, in order to become familiar with the basics of using this powerful multimedia device.
As for seasoned users, although they'll be able to find some nice tips and tricks inside, there aren't so much new things to justify the purchase of this book, so for those readers who are looking for advanced knowledge I recommend to seek another edition.
Funny and not patronising
very helpful where others can be complex
The quality of these books steadily improves with each new edition. The original book was monochrome (black print on white paper) but over the years the use of colour has been introduced to keep in step with other popular book series such as: 'brilliant' and 'Que'. Highly recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent product........Very good value...........prompt despatch / deliveryPublished 15 months ago by John B.
Been very useful. Clear descriptions helps find answers to problems.Published 19 months ago by Elgar
Purchased this for my husband who complained, but i have caught him reading it on a few occasions! At last he is now able to use his iPad!Published 19 months ago by Chris Paul
Probably a good book but no really read as bought as a christmas gift for inlaw who was promised an ipad and given an android tablet by a family member. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Mrs G E Webster