Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
iFi Micro iDSD Black Label DAC and Headphone Amplifier/Preamp With MQA and DSD. Desk and Portable Use With Smartphones/DAPs/Tablets/Laptops, Via USB/SPDIF/Coaxial/Optical / 3.5 AUX/RCA (Standalone)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO- Playback any hi-res audio format natively with our signature Dual Core Burr Brown True Native digital to analog signal processing chip, which means media file formats and information remains unchanged for the truest sound. Now supports native PCM 384, quad DSD 256, and MQA (rendered) straight out of the box or choose high resolution audio up to PCM 768kHz and Bit Perfect Octa Speed Octa DSD 512 with a quick firmware update
- POWERFUL AMPLIFIER- Experience the full dynamic range of high impedance headphones with an impressive dual mono headphone amp utilizing Direct Drive circuitry to deliver up to 4,000mW of power per channel, driving headphones from 16 to 600 ohms, plus three power output modes (Eco, Normal and Headamp Turbo) so power and gain can be dialed in to suit ALL headphones even making IEMs super quiet with our built-in iEMatch for sensitive in-ear monitors, or use as a preamp with your existing amplifier
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN- Constructed with a stylish black matte finish and a durable but lightweight aircraft grade aluminium case that is unbeatable in EMI and RFI handling, a rechargeable lithium polymer battery with up to 12 hours of playback, depending on usage, and a 5V/1.5A SmartPower USB that can be used as a power source to charge another device when not in use, use the micro BL for desktop or on the move
- TECH PACKED- 3D Matrix Plus and XBass Plus performance tuning delivers an incredible sound stage and phenomenal bass boost, while the AMR Global Master Timing precision clock system upgraded for 'super low' phase-noise and jitter, and built in iPurifier technology rebalances the USB signal to reduce jitter and packet errors
- EASY CONNECTIVITY- Connect directly to your iPhone or Android, Digital Audio Player (DAP) or tablet using the male USB input (Apple Camera Connection Kit or Android OTG cable required, sold separately) then plug in your headphones (1/4 inch adapter included), or at home use the included USB 3.0 cable to connect your PC or Mac and the RCA line out to connect with active speakers or an amp; more inputs include SPDIF Coaxial + Optical, 3.5mm aux line in plus a digital coax output
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
iFi Micro iDAC2 HiFi High Resolution Desktop Home Audio Headphone Amp - MQA Compatible
Audiolab M-DAC Mini
iFi nano iDSD Black Label DAC and Headphone Amp with MQA (iFi Audio OTG cable for USB C)
iFi audio Pro iDSD - Flagship, Advanced desktop DAC
AudioQuest DragonFly DAC USB Digital Audio Converter - Red
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||iFi Audio UK||Hifiheadphones||Sevenoaks Sound & Vision On-Line||iFi Audio UK||iFi Audio UK||Amazon.co.uk|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Size Name: Unit Only
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Superlative Performance and Extraordinary Sound: Fully Re-Engineered iFi micro iDSD Black Label DAC/Headphone Amplifier Plays MQA Plus True Native Octa-DSD512, PCM768, and 2x DXD Black is where it's at with the iFi micro iDSD Black Label DAC/headphone amplifier . Enhanced from its predecessor with even higher-performing chips and parts, and fully redesigned inside and out, it is capable of playing True Native Octa-DSD512, PCM768, and 2x DXD. And now, courtesy of a software update, it decodes MQA. You won't find another DAC like it. Buttressed by an analog volume control and dual-core Burr-Brown native DSD/PCM chipset, micro iDSD Black Label transforms listening into extraordinary events. Equally comfortable in a dedicated system or computer-audio setup, micro iDSD Black Label also makes for an astounding portable headphone amp/DAC combo. iEMatch and three power settings allow it to drive any 'phones while the 4000mW output translates into
Customers also shopped for
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The sound signature is quite neutral and the soundstage average in size and natural/realistic.
Clarity is outstanding, high end studio level in my opinion.
Overpowers the HD600s with ease at medium power.
Plenty of juice for literally any headphone.
The sound is awesome. Coupled with my Sennheiser HD600 headphones, this is the best sound I have heard out of a Laptop.
I tried a few other DACs, but they couldn't drive the Sennheiser HD600s.
This one can. And how! Your ears would cry "Uncle" long before this little beauty ran out of oomph!
Yes - it's (very) expensive, but worth every penny to me.
A great product.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I have used these extensively with a senheiser HD700 as well. I have to say it is a decent match, although the highs can be fatiguing and i couldn't listen to all my music with the HD700s using the IFI. i would caution against getting the ifi if you're gonna pair it with a HD700. the HD800, however, is a different story. the IFI is a very good match with the HD800 and it adds some bass to these bass lacking cans.
if you're looking for an all in one dac/amp which is also portable, i highly recommend these.
Source: iMac 2016.
Spotify with high-quality streaming enabled (paid account).
Colibri Media Player for FLAC files
Monolith M1060 modified.
Bowers & Wilkins P7
Comparison DAC / AMP
JDS LABS Element
I will keep this short. First of all, the price of this product is fully justified with all it delivers. The customizations available allow me to modify sound and output dB to work perfectly with my different selections of headphones. This set of features has proven to be invaluable.
The XBass option sounds far, far better than just an eq change. There has to be some other intelligence making this happen!
The 3d sound is quite subtle and is only drastic with certain media like, perhaps, MDK files with encoded surround sound.
I generally don't trust USB powered AMP/DAC devices to appropriately power my planar headphones. I was completely wrong. The Black Label has plenty of juice to get the best out of my headphones with power left over.
The DAC of the Black Label is stunningly better quality than what is in the comparison unit. I did not expect that outcome.
I was hoping to be amazed at the quality given the price. I was amazed. Far more amazed than I had hoped. This little unit is so packed with excellence, I think it is incredible value even at its price.
Check out the Z REVIEWS review on YouTube for a very detailed review of every setting.
Supports DSD natively, battery lasts several hours.
- Drives effortlessly a DT1990 Pro in "Normal" power, volume under 12 o'clock. Over 12 becomes very loud for me.
- The XBass and 3D in Headphone mode are hit or miss. Depends a lot on the track playing.
- Polarity reversal did nothing for me.
- Filter effects are more notorious in DSD. When in PCM they do their thing tho.
- Attaching it to my mobile its ok, wish there was a generic case/frame to use instead of the rubber bands. (BTW found some thinner bands that take less "screen room")
Works fine in Android with native rates using HibyMusic (free), Onkyo HF Player (nice), and Audio Player Pro (advanced options).
Remember to turn it on before plugin the USB, so it won't draw the Phone's battery.
On the laptop/desktop Foobar plus ASIO driver are a must (as with most USB DACs) to skip the OS mixer/resampling.
I have bass boost on my portable Oppo and Fiio dacs and my Marantz desktop shouldn't need it especially with the Amarra sQ+.equalizer software.
BUT- The iFi has an organic "XBass" boost which sounds totally natural but just makes the music a bit more full on those headphones/songs that can use it. If a song doesn't need it, it doesn't do anything. I'll explain in more detail shortly. Thats what's magical!.
AND- same applies for3D. It will open up the sound stage in a natural and organic way if needed I leave both on most of the time- your mileage may vary.
This won't change closed headphones into an open 800s but it will make any open or closed headphone soundstage a lot wider. Better. Or flip the switch off.
The iDSD has a dozen switches to customize your sound presentation or type of usage
Elaborating-a unique bass boost switch adds a natural amount of additional bass that I can't get with any other dac/amp I've tried or software. It's not heavy, again- it's organic, it just blends in and makes a perfect addition only when it's needed. It's not "bass head" bass. Just that extra touch the enriches the warmth & musicality when needed.
The 3D switch widens the sound stage in a natural organic way that widens but doesn't color the sound- it is just is a sweet addition to an already great unit. As far as portable, it's a lot more like "trans-portable" Way too big to put in your pocket but if traveling, you can toss it in a bag. If you are traveling light or commuting, this is not "that kind" of portable. Look at the specs carefully.
All in all it can drive any power hungry over ear or has a switch to accommodate any iem. It is remarkable. Inputs and outputs galore and the power to drive just about any headphones. 4000mw at 16 ohms. I recall buying A&K's new DAC witch is a beauty to behold looks wise and ergonimically, but maxed out on power on a pair of Senn 800's which only need 300 ohms to drive them.
You won't need to switch the iFi to go from normal to turbo and it still drive just about anything and you have. Use turbo to make your music sound better on those very demanding headphones that may need it. You won't run out of power with anything you may desire.
I feel most DAC's don't make a significant difference in the sound quality except for power needs. This is one of the exceptions. I am almost certain you won't have buyers remorse with this DAC even -buying just base on reviews. Good luck!
BTW- I use these with Senn. 800s, Focal Clear, & Mr. Speakers Aeon Closed. No need on my IEMS's.
But I believe they will perform admirably with any headphones.