Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Learn more Fitbit
Customer Discussions > Haze (PS3) forum

haze worries

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 May 2008, 09:26:07 BST
any body else worried that ubisoft havent released review code to any of the major magazines prior to release? This doesn't bode well. What are they hiding?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2008, 10:51:43 BST
I think this game has been hyped up WAY too much. With games like MGS and GTA, you know what you're going to get. I'm not so sure about this. I think it could turn out to be a similar run of the mill shooter like Timeshift was. I wasn't really blown away by the demo to be honest. I've decided not to preorder this game and wait for the reviews!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2008, 11:49:55 BST
R. Masters says:
Ouch. Read the IGN review. I certainly wasn't expecting this - not from Free Radical!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2008, 15:57:35 BST
Last edited by the author on 20 May 2008, 15:58:38 BST
Bauer says:
Come on PS3! jesus christ I bought this console for these exclusive titles like HAZE and looks like i'm going to be disappointed yet again, and once again returning to my XBOX 360, why did I bother paying this much money for a console when the only decent exclusive titles are Drakes and MGS4 (hopefully).

I hope IGN are wrong and this game is really good cause so far 2008 (supposedly the year the PS3 is meant to show what it can do!) is pretty disapointing

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2008, 17:47:49 BST
R. Masters says:
Yeah-I know exactly how you feel-I was really looking forward to this, but now it looks like another chance for PS3 to get its awesome exclusive FPS has gone begging...!

Still - Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 are on their way, and hopefully at least one of those two will reach CoD 4/Halo 3 standards - they certainly look like they could - Resistance 2's online looks truly revolutionary (But then again, we said that about Haze!)

But as for MGS4 - let's just say if it's not one of the best games of this console generation so far, I'll do something MAJORLY drastic! Certainly the MGO beta didn't disappoint me at all - it's hyped me even more for it!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2008, 08:12:47 BST
James says:
Looks to be a bit a of a turkey from initial reviews. A real disappointment. I've cancelled my pre-order and I suggest people consider doing the same.
Poor visuals, gameplay and a derisably laughable plot and voice-acting from what I've heard. Time these developers started concentrating on quality single-player games again. Just makes you appreciate how good some much criticised games like Killzone (come on 2!) and Stalker:SoC really are!
Come on though Mr Charlton, what about R:FoM, that's a pretty good exclusive title as well!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2008, 09:53:58 BST
Haze isn't a PS3 exclusive anymore either. Apparently its currently beingdeveloped for XBox 360 and PC which considering the reviews its been getting, i'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing ;@)

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2008, 10:33:03 BST
M. R. Wong says:
Like James P, i cancelled my pre-order with Play as soon as i read the IGN review. However, according to Games Radar, the famed Famitsu magazine in Japan gave it 34/40, which is none too shabby, so i may pick it up if i see it going cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2008, 10:49:57 BST
Bauer says:
Hi James

Yeah Resistance was pretty good for a launch title but it didn't set the world alight for me it certainly wasn't Gears Of War standard.
As for Haze I suppose that all our comments area a little premature the only review Ihave read is IGN's and I am still waiting for Gamespots. After all IGN review is just one mans opinion! isnt it, and if Mr Wong is correct and other mags are rating it 34/40 there is hope. I also thought the demo was pretty good I had another play last night and enjoyed it again. I don't think the graphics are half as bad as people are making out, the character details on the Haze soldiers look pretty cool.
I think I will still get it anyway I mostly disagree with most mag reviews when they slate a game, I mean i really enjoyed Kane and Lynch.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2008, 12:01:11 BST
Bauer says:
Quick update- Gamespot have now reviewed HAZE its a little more encouraging 6 out of 10!

Summary is it has a really bad story and also tells it very badly, voice acting is bad!
But has some fantastic set pieces and the 4 player CO-OP is great fun, which is good enough for me to give it go and buy it

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2008, 16:29:11 BST
M. R. Wong says:
another bad review over at games radar.............

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2008, 17:42:21 BST
Last edited by the author on 21 May 2008, 17:43:54 BST
Craig 10119 says:
James P.

You've just made a good point. Developers should concentrate on single player campaigns. I'm currently on a very tight budget and have not had broadband for about a year. I can't help but think that we're being shortchanged on single player campaigns. I understand that it costs money to create a multiplayer mode for a game, however, I still feel short changed. Take COD4 for example. It is phenomenal online and off, however there were two development teams (an online and offline) and I paid the same as anyone else to play that game, but i only get half the experience. It's a good job that cod4's single player is f***ing amazing, and worth the £50 alone. Anyway, my point is that it's not exactly hard to include a multiplayer splitscreen mode and AI Bots.

Also, I hate the developer/publisher (most definately publisher) idea to get a buggy game on the shelf, and later release a patch. What about the people without the net? We just get left with a buggy, half boiled game.

Also, major criticism with regards to downloadable content. I applaud some developers for giving us the option to expand our existing game collection, but i can't help but feel that some publishers are milking it, by leaving items out of the finished game (that should have been on the disc), and making us pay for them later, or go without.

Perfect example, EA were going to release a set of weapons for Battlefield Bad Company as downloadable content. However, these weapons were required to complete the single player campaign. To add insult to injury, they were gonna charge money for each of them.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2008, 16:19:38 BST
Only bad thing about this game I've seen is the visuals, they're pretty iffy for the most part, but the gameplay is good(Note no reviews are saying much against how the game actually plays, which should be the primary concern, no?), if a little stifled by straightforward level design. The online though, is simply excellent from what I've seen, and manages to largely redeem other shortcomings in my eyes.

It's no classic sure, but IGN really are talking out of their arses if they're seriously labelling this a '4.5/10' game. I'd spring for a 7/10 minimum, and even that's mostly for the visual shortcomings. Then again, IGN's bias against the PS3 has been well documented in recent months, so it's perhaps no real surprise.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2008, 12:35:28 BST
Ss Mckenzie says:
Ouch, this game is 'absolute' well i cant explain anything about this game that makes me want to shout buy me.I tried playing it and thought it was to pick up a mills

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2008, 16:17:36 BST
The Gills says:
Yeah hurrendous game

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2008, 19:53:16 GMT
This game is good!
Nuff said blud!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Haze (PS3) forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  20 May 2008
Latest post:  19 Dec 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Haze (PS3)
Haze (PS3) by Ubisoft (PlayStation 3)
3.3 out of 5 stars (105)