Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Times and Sunday Times forum

I have to subscribe every time I try to access it

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Jan 2013 15:38:16 GMT
I received a Kindle Fire from Santa, and downloaded The Times app on the free trial. However, every time I load the app, once I try to navigate beyond the first page it takes me to the subscription page. I click to buy and it says I already have a subscription and then allows me to browse the new edition. It is an inconvenience, anyone know a way around this?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2013 14:02:02 GMT
I am having the same problem. Also, when I go to unsubscribe because I can't access it or it's too irritating, I can find it on my Amazon post. Annoying.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2013 16:17:36 GMT
Jez says:
I agree - very frustrating - and now I find that I cannot download at all - in fact when you check the amazon page for this newspaper it does not include the Kindle Fire as a device option even if you wanted to Subscribe - what is going on? Works for a week to 10 days and then removed.

Posted on 18 Jan 2013 12:33:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jan 2013 07:47:00 GMT
MAZ62 says:
as an existing subscriber I wrote to the Times and had a prompt reply advising by that this is a known problem . they advised that until an update mid Jan you need to respond by subscribing again . if you have already subscribed then it tells you so but allows you then to read the whole issue .

I was also advised that the update would allow me to enter my existing subscriber details so that I can access without taking a second subscription .

it's now the 18th and no update yet . if we get to the 25th I shall be cancelling my trial and reverting back to the iPad.......

UPDATE
OK so today's update removes the nag to subscribe to the trial everyday and promises the ability to add subscriber information . I've searched and searched but cannot see where one does this which is frustrating . what I did find that is good is that you can switch off auto update of subscription which you couldn't do before via the App tab the settings in the store . worryingly the promised 30 day extension to the trial because of problems was more like 3 days when I found the auto renew setting . what should have been the end of Feb was actually the 3rd!!!

it's slowly improving as an app but where oh where do we enter existing subscriber details ???

Posted on 29 Jan 2015 05:42:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jan 2015 05:46:35 GMT
Eden Breitz says:
Not going to continue with subscription as I find the need to renew my sub. Every time I read the paper annoying
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  8 Jan 2013
Latest post:  29 Jan 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about