Top positive review
The best true wireless earphones out there
30 July 2018
I have spend a very long time trying to find the best true wireless earphones on the market. Apple, Samsung, Bose, Sony, B&O...all of these big names offer good options, but all also have significant flaws. I hadn't really heard of Jabra until the last year or so, but my word have they knocked it out the park with these. The audio quality is rich and clear with deep bass (where true wireless earphones normally fall short). They have fantastic battery, connection and also some nice little extra features too. It is CRUCIAL that you get the right eartips/fit inside your ear. This can be the difference between OK and great sound, as I found out.
- Fantastic, rich and clear audio: deep bass, distinctive vocals and balanced treble (no sharp s sounds)
- 5 h battery (+2 full charges with the case), fast charge 15 mins = 1 h playback
- Connection uses bluetooth 5.0 (one of the first to use it) gave me LoS distance of 97 ft. No sync issues between earbuds
- Auto pause feature with proximity sensor
- Water resistance IP56 (powerful jets of water)
- Fantastic Jabra Sound + App with customisation, quick-toggle profiles and ambient sounds
- Slim profile with minimal protrusion, no extended antenna (mics still work incredibly well, excellent call quality)
- High quality materials and build, including for charging case
- Buttons include volume control! Simple control scheme on earbuds (but also see cons section)
- No magnets to hold earbuds in charging case
- No USB-C, uses micro USB
- Pressing buttons can push earbuds into ear canal, can be uncomfortable - touch controls preferred?
If you're unsure about getting these or the Elite 65T, essentially the Active model are IP56 rated, not IP55 - so slightly better water resistance. They also have an integrated motion sensor for sports tracking - so it's worth the upgrade if you want to use these for exercising.
Overall these were the best true wireless earbuds I have ever tested. For a full review please check out the youtube video at InsideTech.