on 4 November 2017
Like some of the other reviewers, I wasn’t sure on the first listen, but then it starts to grow...and grow...and grow, and now it’s one of my favourites. I don’t know if you’re the same as me, but all my favourite albums grow in that way. Albums that I like on the first listen rarely have enough depth to sustain interest. For me this album really gets going with Don’t Delete the kisses, and then builds with Planet Hunter, Formidable Cool. Space\Time, Sadboy and St Purple are great songs and the Visions of a Life finale is a delicious conclusion
3 people found this helpful
on 4 October 2017
Whether you love breathy vocals and acoustic guitars, heavy drumbeats and metal riffs, pop punk stompers, funky dance grooves or 80s gloriousness, it's all wrapped up neatly together in Visions Of A Life. Awesome album.
on 1 October 2017
Wolf Alice are certainly not a band you can tie down to any one genre, influence or style of music. If you like hard and soft rock, pop, synth, folk and even a bit of progrock (as I do) you'll love this album and this band.
on 29 September 2017
An excellent follow-up to their brilliant debut album - still recognisably Wolf Alice, but different enough to make it much more interesting than if they'd taken the easy option and given us more of the same.
on 29 September 2017
Once I heard Beautifully Unconventional, I knew this album is going to be a bomb, Big applause to you, Wolf Alice!
Formidable Cool might be my new favourite.
I'm not normally that much into female singers but Ellie is just amazing. I really want to see them live after hearing their KEXP gig on yt.
on 30 September 2017
Adored the first album so was worried this wouldn't grab me in the same way- wrong. Fantastic album, fantastic band.
on 29 September 2017
Loved the first album think this may be better very diverse and full of great harmonies and some very unusual song structures.
on 5 October 2017
A stunning collection of engrossing songs. Their debut was impressive and this album builds on their initial success in brilliant fashion. They have developed as musicians and Ellie's vocals are fresh, involving and hugely varied. A must buy from a band who are going to be immense. Enjoy!
on 22 November 2017
This is an amazingly diverse album.Our love is cool was a fine debut and this is even better.It goes from the uplifting shoegaze of Heavenward to punk and pop to folk and finishes with the epic grunge rock of the title track.They are very mature for a young band and deserve to be huge.
on 15 April 2018
Do I like as much as the 1st Album, probably but in a different way, roll on No.3 please.