on 30 September 2017
My wife has been struggling to get in are Car of late, so had to buy this Car Cane, and I have to say this has made a huge difference, its so strong and steady , and I like the added touch of the torch, plus the seat belt cutter, if needed(hope not) For people who drive the new Ford Kuga, this fitted mine perfectly. ****The photos below are from my 2016 Ford Kuga****
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
6 people found this helpful
on 27 February 2018
Brilliant little gadget that fits almost any car and is not bulky nor does it damage the door in any way. Helps my dad to get in and out of the car safely. Has a cutting edge so that you can slice through the seatbelt if you get stuck, and the end of the gadget has a hammer to smash the glass if you cannot get out of the car in an accident. Would thoroughly recommend this really useful piece if equipment.
on 21 June 2018
This little grab bar has made my life so much easier.
I can get out of my car with grace once again, unlike the struggle and embarrassment when people glanced at my 'spider in a bath' impression, experienced before.
I haven't needed to use the lights on it yet, but am sure they will be a great asset when the days become shorter.
I bought one for an elderly friend as he has a struggle too, & he is very pleased with his car cane.

Thank you to whoever designed this Carcane grab bar - I have some self esteem back thanks to you.
on 1 June 2017
Works very well. Fits the current Ford vehicles' striker OK without marking bodywork. LED quite powerful. Nicely packaged on rrival and well protected in post
3 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2018
So helpful it has a torch seatbelt cutter (hope I never need it) it's also a window hammer
But the main thing is a extra handle to help you in or out of the car you put the metal "hammer head"into the u shaped lock on the door frame near where the seatbelt runs down and then you have a sturdy handle to pull your self out of the car with steady your self with take your weight what ever you need
I wish I had got one years ago
on 15 December 2017
Hav not had to use the torch or cutter thankfully but as an aid for getting in and out of the car, this has been worth every penny. It has given my grandmother back her confidence. With the help of a fold up step to help her in and out of my car, she can now do it alone without assistance again which for the elderly, independence is everything.
on 25 January 2018
Well, it can help but we found that whilst the product is of reasonable quality unfortunately its use is impacted as much by where the catch that you slide this in to is located.

So depending on your car it may . . . or may not . . . help you.
on 3 May 2018
As a one legged amputee in a wheelchair I hoped this might help in getting in/out of our car but it just gets in the way, pity.
Fits somewhat loosely in the lock staple of our 2015 Toyota Yaris hybrid. Beware of possible damage to paintwork below staple from end of locating bar.
Most suitable for someone just lacking agility to help get in or out of the car.
Product seems to be well made. Torch useful, seat belt cutter and hammer?
on 27 January 2018
Bought to aid elevation out of the car post surgery. Very clever little device. Fits snuggly into the side pocket of the door and does help getting out. Has an additional torch attached (handy) a seatbelt cutter (?) and can be used to break glass - I’m assuming they’re preparing you for an accident!
on 2 December 2017
Very happy with this item,extremely helpful in getting me out of my car, would recommend this purchase to anyone who wants help getting out of the car