on 22 July 2016
A great mouse, easy to use, just plug and play
The mouse comes packaged in a nice brown cardboard box (gives the idea of recycled material, but not sure it is), the mouse is also in a bubble bag to give protection from damage and also scratching.
In taking the mouse out of the bag it looked nicely manufactured and was stylish in design for a mouse, so I wanted to give it a whirl with my laptop to see how it performed, now I have never had a wireless mouse before but I now they come with a USB dongle to allow it to work, but there was this? it was not in the bag or the box, I took the battery cover off to see if it was loose inside but no, looked all over the mouse on the outside to see if it was stored somewhere but could not find it, so I came to the conclusion that it was missing and I should contact the seller. Anyway before I did I had one last look and found it by opening the battery cover and it is neatly tucked inside so for all you other idiots like me out there I have attached some pics so you can find it lol.
So dongle fitted and batteries installed I was ready to use my new mouse. Its easy to use, love the wheel for easy scrolling and the buttons are easy to use as well, overall its a very ergonomically designed mouse and I intend to use it all the time now. It did take a bit of getting used to as the pointer was very fast at first but I have got used to this now, still not quite sure that the two buttons on the side are for but I am sure one of the kids will inform me in time (but I am sure there will be some old git jokes first)
In summary this is a very good wireless mouse for the price.
I purchased this mouse at a discounted price in return for a product review, hope you have found the review helpful, if you have please click the button.
review image review image
on 24 July 2016
Great value wireless optical mouse. It may look bland and unassuming but its basic functionality and ergonomics is tops.

It is a comfortable size and fit with recesses on the mouse buttons for the fingers

The mouse wheel scrolls perfectly with quiet tactile feedback on the scroll steps, unlike most other expensive mouse that clicks loudly on each scroll step. This is quiet but you feel the steps and easily stop wherever you want. Of course, as with all mouse, you can use the Windows mouse options to change the number of lines to scroll.

The mouse buttons themselves click nicely but I suspect the button pressing speed may not be ideal for FPS gamers who need very fast button pressing reactions. But for everything else the buttons click just fine.

The optical performance is impressive. It works on any surface, as I tried it on black, white, shiny, matt, and patterned surfaces. I even tried it on a shiny tin case. Works perfectly fine with no jumps. But the only surface it struggles on is anything see-through, so if you have a glass workspace, it will struggle. Otherwise, no mouse mats needed except on see-through surfaces.

The range is also pretty damn good if wanting to operate from around 7 feet away (it may well work further away than that but I couldnt physically go further in my room to test).

I havent had this long enough to test the battery life so I will update when the juice eventually runs out, as that is an important factor as well as the internal build quality longevity which I cant really judge yet.

The mouse goes into power save mode after 8 minutes of no use. If the PC is also in sleep mode, you have to click the mouse button which is perfect, unlike most other mouse, a tiny shift of the mouse, would wake the PC up. I personally prefer the mouse click way as sometimes I would accidentally move a mouse accidentally but didnt want to wake up the PC. So this is another thing I like about the this particular mouse.

Finally,setup was an absolute synch. Plug the receiver in. Put 2 AAA batterys in mouse. And viola, its in action. No driver instalments needed.

For now, tops marks for great value.

I got this product at a reduced rate for my honest and unbiased review.
on 29 December 2016
This item was delivered within 1 day of ordering it. We were delighted when it arrived so quickly and were eager to get the mouse up and running, however, we couldn't find the usb. No problem, I looked on the reviews and questions/answers page and the problem was solved - open the battery compartment on the back of the mouse and the usb is placed very hidden at the top of this section. Once again, good service from my Amazon purchase.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 December 2015
We just bought a smart enabled TV for the bedroom in a complex manoeuvre whereby the sound stopped working on the PC Screen and I worked out from past Amazon orders that it was ELEVEN years old! Hubby wangled a new TV by using the old (newish) bedroom TV as a monitor screen and getting a far better one for a total bargain on the high street (so he tells me) ... are you still with me? If so, I was getting my Amazon Prime account all keyed in to the new TV using the remote and commented that a mouse and keyboard would help. Then I remembered I had a wireless mouse in my work bag for hot desking (not works, my own purchase) and I figured I may as well make the iKross the bedroom mouse!

To get started it was simple to plug and play with this mouse. The TV immediately recognised its presence in the room and we were away, mousing (?) across the screen. We have a shelf behind the bed that is ideally suited to this activity as it obviously doesn't work well on a rumpled duvet cover. I like the bright blue colour of the mouse and it is quite small so ideally suited as an occasional model for use in the bedroom. I received a discount upon purchasing the mouse in return for an honest review and it's been a great item that saves time and frustration when using the TV for internet. Keeping up with this modern age, that's the problem! I now need another hot desking mouse for work... !
review image review image
on 30 December 2015
I really like this mouse, it feels like a quality item and just seamlessly made itself at home on my desk. It looks nice with that dark blue shade and the DPI options help for people who want finer control of the mouse. It need 2 x AAA batteries and a wireless receiver to work but overall a very nice experience using the mouse, would highly recommend it as a replacement wireless mouse. Im not a big trackpad user and this mouse has made my laptop usage alot better. I received this product for a discounted price for an unbiased review
on 22 July 2016
I needed a small mouse to use with my netbook/tablet thing for when I travel. I saw this and thought it would be good for it from the description. It arrived the next day.

The mouse seems to be well made and is of sturdy plastic. The usb "plug" is in its own home inside the battery compartment. It looks a nice shape and design and it moves easily, as does the scroll wheel. When the usb bit is plugged in the netbook picks it up very quickly and it moves across the screen. It has an on/off switch to save battery power, it uses 2xAAA batteries.

However, I do have some issues with this mouse -
1. the battery compartment is very hard to open, and not because I have long nails etc as I don't but it is a very tight fit.
2. The DPI button is a waste of being there as it doesn't actually do anything.
3. The shape of it looks nice but is actually really high when you have your hand on it and is uncomfortable after a few seconds.
4. The left and right mouse buttons do not touch as have the wheel plastic in the middle (a solid piece) and this means that your fingers are apart and this is not comfortable.
5. The 2 buttons on the side are just in the way.

It maybe that the mouse is designed for people with bigger hands but as mine are not big I can't get on with using this mouse and therefore I am unable to give a higher rating as it doesn't work for me.

I receive a number of products direct from sellers at a discounted price in exchange for a review. I received this compact mouse at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review. I am under no obligation to leave a positive review, and likewise am not penalised for leaving a negative review.
Today I am reviewing:-
by iKross

The time for the product being delivered:-
The mouse was delivered by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The outer box of the mouse was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
This wireless mouse is such an easy product to use and it means that you are not limited by a wire connected to the PC, if yo want to use it for the PC that is.

The reason I got mine is that we have an Android TV Box and with some of the things I installed on it to watch Movies, I need to be able to scroll down and then choose what I want on the page I am on, by clicking on it.

I cannot do this with the remote which comes with the Android box, but when you plug in the supplied wireless adapter it is easily recognised by the mouse, this is done automatically the same as if you were using it on a PC.
Now I can scroll and select things that were not accessable easily before.

Is the product value for money:-
I think for £4.99 its good value especially for what I am using it for

***************************************************
I would like to disclose that I received this product at a discount in return for giving an honest and unbiased review.
I only review items which I would buy for myself or my family.
The reviews I give are based on actual hands on experience of myself or my family in using the products.
As many of the products I review have been discounted, I have to review them within a certain time frame. This means that I cannot provide details of the long term benefits of a product.
If there is any change from my initial review, I will add extra information as and when I feel the need.
I will always supply as much information as I can in terms of my initial experiences of the product, and the ingredients and/or contents of the product.
If my review has helped you please click the helpful button, If it has not helped or you require more information please feel free to contact me or leave a comment so I can improve my reviews.
****************************************************
review image review image review image
on 29 December 2015
this is a tough one I do like it and it is easy to set up, comfortable with easy access to buttons but it does keep turning itself off/disconnecting which can be very annoying especially if you are in the middle of a game but otherwise it is a nice piece of kit I did get it at a discount in exchange for my review
on 22 July 2016
here is my review for the iKross 2.4G Portable Compact Wireless Optical Mouse Mice, 2 DPI Levels (800/1600) for Acer, Asus, Dell, Sony, Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Apple Tablets, Laptops, Home and Office Computer PCs - Black

This mouse is really good quality and fits perfectly into my hand. It was really simple to install and pretty much works right away with no programmes needed. The mouse is not too heavy so i can move it around ver easily but it tracks on the screen very well also. I love how i am not restricted by wires meaning that i can use the mouse on my tv of laptop if needed and i dont have to keep untangling the wire i have put it into a bag.

PLEASE NOTE I received this item either for free or for a heavily discounted rate in return for an honest and unbiased review. All of the above is my own opinion. I do have a short time frame to review these items this means that I cannot provide details of the long term benefits of a product. However, I still try supply as much information as I can, in terms of my initial experiences of the product. Should the product not live up to expectation I reserve the right to return to this review in the future and make changes as necessary.

*********************************************************
on 2 December 2016
Excellent product and simple to use. Plug in USB and instant connection. Far better than operating with laptop pad and buttons! ( note that the USB connector is stored inside the battery compartment of the mouse)
review image