Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£15.57

on 12 January 2015
I got this for 99p in a kindle sale, and for that price it's OK.
If you ever read the starship troopers book and saw the film it's basically the two mashed together for a pre/early teen audience. The characters don't grow or really have character other than a broad stereotype they adhere to at all times, the main character (and entourage) go through "life changing" experiences, and change not one shred. That made it difficult to read and to want to continue to read.
That said the combat descriptions later in the book are actually pretty good and certainly saved it for me.
Sadly, and I almost never do this, I can't see me reading any more of the series. The characters being weak can be forgiven in a single book, but in a series? Not for me.
on 22 March 2014
I loved it, I'm looking forward to playing Titanfall on my xbox and this felt like part of the same universe (that's a massive complement by the way). Fast paced with lots of story and credible characters, it was hard to put down.
I genuinely felt dismayed when I reached the end as I wanted much more, please write a sequel!!
on 9 June 2016
I read a great deal of Science Fiction and this was as good as anything I have read in the last few years. It is not just another 'rushing round the galaxy saving mankind' story but is a more compact, personal quest. A stand alone tale but one which could lead to a welcome sequel.
on 21 June 2014
What made me pick up this novel was the promise of giant robot action, as the name and cover suggests. What I got was navy SEALs in space, but that was no bad thing.
The book was good, and the author seemed to knowingly draw on pop-culture vibes of cyberpunk and military movies alike to get your imagination running. The result is a setting that's kind of generic, but very recognizable, and action that's familiar, but with a sci-go edge.
on 21 April 2014
A Sci-fi novel with a brilliant setting, plot and action. The characters, for the most part, are interesting, until you meet about 8 in one chapter. The combat scenes are excellent, making this novel a great read!
on 17 January 2014
I gave this drivel 10 pages. The grammar grates, the writing style and disjointed descriptions are so dreadful, I could not continue reading. It's like reading a school child's essay.
on 20 January 2014
Good book and story. Yes it has it's flaws but don't let that detract from a really good read. In many ways the storyline could have been expanded to flesh out the characters and if there is a sequel (I hope!), then this could be remedied.
on 10 May 2015
Woof woof. Wasn't sure when I started this. But, it read well so I continued. As the pages turned, the story grabbed hold and I was unable to stop. Except for food, drink, chats to the master and so on. But the story held me. Can absolutely recommend it to you Sci fi fans out there. Just make sure you have a sofa to hide behind and a box of tissues, unless you are a hardened character like me of course. Woof woof yip!
on 26 January 2014
Great action sci-fi! Real page turner! Very addictive read where you feel the emotions of the main character. Gutted the end came so quick! Hurry up with book 2!
on 31 January 2014
The whole story concept really appealed to me but the story didn't seem to go anywhere, this book should have been the first half of a longer story. I finished reading and felt "is that it".