on 20 June 2011
As others have said, great idea to combine 8 individually switched sockets with surge protection, especially at such a low price! -
I particularly like that the switches have neons, effectively highlighting when each socket is on.
As the switches are exactly between the plugs, making it somewhat ambiguous which socket they operate, I simply put 3 black marker-pen lines across my unit (separating opposite pairs of sockets & their switches from the neighbouring pair/s), thus removing this problem.
When it arrived, I tested it with my socket tester (£10, widely available) & all 8 sockets & their switches were wired correctly & worked.
I've only had it a week, but so far so good &, as it seems fairly robust, I expect it to continue to be in full working order.
(As others have said [& as in the picture], there's not enough room at the inner-end of each socket for any all-in-one plug+transformer, such as on mobile phone chargers - this is inapplicable to my use but I agree that, if intending to use many such appliances, a layout of 8 plugs in a row would be more appropriate than the 4 pairs of head-to-head sockets that this has.)
on 20 February 2011
I was hoping this would solve all my connection problems but it didn't. Don't get me wrong it is a very good product with switched individual sockets but is not 'wide' enough to leave my telly and pc connections where they are. Still, for this value and price there are mot many other options. Recommend but bear in mind that if you have oversized plugs or connectors you are going to have problems.
on 12 September 2011
8 individually switched sockets, each with a neon power light.

Plenty of space for larger power adaptors. Wall mountable.

Feels a bit cheap, but it is cheap.

It works and it hasn't set my house on fire. Who could ask for more.
on 26 July 2016
This is a great socket extension if you want to switch some sockets on and have some off. I needed it as we bought a new suite with electric reclininers. The chair obviously needed to be plugged in and switched on all the time as it was an every day item, yet my lamp and fairy lights and BT router would all go off on my old surge tower. They were either all off, or all on. This one is great as we now leave the recliner chair and BT router switched on all the time, then just switch the lamps, outside garden light etc on when we need them independently. The only major down side to this gang is that the sockets face each other and are too close to allow ac adaptor style plugs be opposite each other. It ok for regular small standard plugs, but because the majority of mine are ad adaptor plugs I'm loosing the use of 2 sockets as nothing will fit in opposite them. Poor design and not well thought out in that respect. Couldn't have been tried and tested in the Quality dept!. Luckily I don't need to use all 8 sockets. See my pic below and you'll understand what I mean. The fact that each socket individually switched off and was independent of all the others was more important to me when buying this gang. I've dropped the star rating review to 4 star because of the issue of ac adaptors not fitting well. A real shame. Apart from that issue this is a great gang. Each socket has its own light too to show its on. There is then a gang indicator light which is green to show the extension intself is on. Nice long 2m lead too.
review image
on 3 May 2013
Eight plugs each with its on off switch thus allowing energy conservation. Sit on my desk with
all the plugs for computers desk lamp and mobile chargers plugged in. Brilliant
on 23 August 2011
It works exactly like it should. Switches have a good positive feel and overall it is fairly compact. Would recommend to anyone after a budget solution.
on 3 September 2012
Great for all those computer periphals - only gripe is some of the power supplies take up the space of two sockets. But an eight gang line would be unweildly! Well made and lit switches are great!
on 15 January 2015
Like most people I guess, my desk at home now has so many things that need a 3-pin plug socket (desktop, screen, phone, printer, lamp, wi-fi router etc) that there just aren't enough sockets in the proximity in a property which was built in a time when all you plugged in was the telly.
All of these things are low consumption so this 8-way, surge protected extension is just the job, and I particularly like that each individual socket is switched, meaning I can save on electricity by switching off the stuff not in use.
on 21 May 2013
Bought this product as it was one of the cheapest online and who wants to pay full whack for a plug not me! I bought it as i wanted to combine 8 individually switched sockets with surge protection and can confirm this works perfectly - although the surge element hasn't been tested...(and hopefully never will) - its nice to have piece of mind. All switches come with a neon power light. there is
plenty of space for larger power adaptors. and if required can be wall mountable. over all a good product, works fine. Delivery was quick too!
on 6 January 2015
This design (and many like it) is okay if you have simple power leads with a plug on the end. If yours are power bricks for computer and phone equipment - with integrated plugs - then this design causes many of the sockets to be inaccessible. I have a number of power bricks and when I moved from a simple inline-4-socket arrangement to this, I got exactly 1 extra usable socket.