Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£27.55

on 15 February 2011
My husband bought me a kindle for Christmas and I purchased a few of the "Twelve Days Of Christmas " books for my new kindle .
I do doubt that I would have read C J Box otherwise . I was amazed . His descriptive abilities are fantastic. His hero Joe Pickett is a man we all know .Quiet unremarkable ,but possessed of the ability to see people as they really are .He sees the best in all he meets and suffers when let down .I can really imagine the wilderness as he portrays it, I can feel his sadness and his joy . I have now read 8 ( not all available on kindle worst luck) of of the books in the series and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who loves a good mystery.
on 23 July 2016
I'm awaiting for hi9s latest book to come into paper back. I have learned much about parts of the USA by reading these absorbing books. The character in the stories especially Joe Pickett and his family. Highly readable and highly recommended....... all of them are well worth reading.... try to get them in order, which I didn't, but they are all god as stand alone novels too.
on 27 September 2014
I don't know how much I can add to the praise cj box gets for his hero.
His writing style is fast paced and brief he dosnt waste words, though he still manages to paint the pictures in your mind.
His hero Joe Pickett is likeable and human, didn't always get it right but always does the right thing.
In this novel he is tracking down a killer who is hunting hunters, a environmental activist is encouraging the killer while seeking to further his own ends.
Beyond d that you will have to read yourself, if you have never read this series dig out the earlier books you really will enjoy the stories more if you read in order, though it's not necessary.

Read the tale and allow yourself to be whisked away.
on 18 September 2013
One of CJBox's best;full of suspense,very well written and a real thriller.I have enjoyed many of the stories involving Joe Picket and his character is being gradually developed with skilful writing.A thrilling and surprising climax.
on 2 January 2014
I read Open Season eighteen months ago and liked it. So during the time that followed I picked up four other CJ Box books on Kindle (all at bargain prices). Obviously quite a lot has happened in the world of Joe Pickett since then, and perhaps I should have followed the advice of another reviewer and read the books in order. But having said that, this book is a good read in its own right and more than just a whodunit: it's interesting and serious too. The plot is certainly gripping, with various twists and turns.

I enjoyed this book and I'm glad I returned to CJ Box. I look forward to reading the others in my Kindle collection, though not immediately since I might feel a bit over-faced.
on 8 January 2014
Bought one of C J Box's novels as it was on special offer and I loved it. This is the second and although I am going back and forward in the series, it doesn't matter as each story is self contained and the characters are developed in each book. Who would have thought that a US Game Warden could have such an exciting life?!!
on 16 January 2014
I have read a few poor books recently in a bid to find some new authors. So to relieve the pressure, i went back to C J Box. Unfortunately, i havent read these in order which is a shacme and this is an earlier on but it is still worthy of 5 stars. One of the real skills of a thriller writer is to write about murders eyc without creating so much misery that the reader becomes depressed. This author had this skill in abundance and I would highly recommend this gripping book especially if you are on holiday or a long plane journey as it is difficult to put down.
on 30 September 2014
This book is good at the beginning and great towards the end. It is also nicely descriptive in places, where it needs to be. If only the remainder of the book was nearly as good it would deserve 5 stars. However, it does drag on, even though the story develops from time to time, but it manages to lose that momentum, until you are on the final straight.
on 8 December 2013
C.J. Box has rightly established himself as one of the premier crime writers in the world today. This book exhibits all his talent in another story about Game Warden Joe Pickett solving crime in the wilderness environment that the author so clearly loves. His settings are vivid and the characters (even minor ones) are real and alive. As usual, the plot has the unforeseen twists and turns that keep you wondering and wanting to read more. I had to ration my reading (as usual with these books) in order to make it last longer. If I have one complaint is that the story seemed too short. But, I have felt the same about other C.J. Box novels and I think it is because he does not waste time with insignificant matters but, like the main character, keeps charging ahead to a final resolution.
on 26 January 2014
I'm not going to give a long account of the story. It's pretty well summed up, but want to add that I love this series of books.

The characters are real, the country beautiful and there’s always a good plot to keep you turning the pages.

Am slowly working my way through this series and hope that C J Box will keep getting ideas to keep Joe Pickett busy for a long time.