Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£16.88

on 13 April 2014
I've read all Rebecca Tope's books, & I have to say this is the most disappointing of all. A very tedious boring book with little plot. Thea's 'flu seems to be the main topic of this book! Even the dog has had a change of character!.
on 2 June 2014
While some of the Cotswold series are good lightweight "cozy" murder mysteries, this one is enough to put you off the heroine for good if you haven't read any of the others. As another reviewer put it, it's Me, Me, Me Oh Misery Me most of the way.
on 18 November 2014
This is not Agatha Raison, although both are set in the Cotswolds, this book irritated and failed to convince. The basic storyline was acceptable but the main character did not convince. I forced myself to finish book but was left unconvinced by some of the story developments.
on 12 December 2014
I'm really hooked on these 'village murder mysteries'! They are extremely well written and well plotted, with interesting characters running through the series. If you like typical English whodunnits you'll love these. Luckily there are loads of them!
on 23 October 2014
A little slow but I like the character as have read several of the bks before. Rereading as I have just moved to live in a Cotswold village. I can identify with the sleepiness and remoteness of it all.She creates that well.
on 22 May 2014
The previous book in this series was one of Rebecca Tope's best with a strong plot which made it a great read,so I was keen to read her latest offering.It could not have been in greater contrast. The main character,Thea Osborne, has always appeared rather self-absorbed to me,but in this book she took it to new levels.Admittedly, she could hardly help going down with 'flu during her latest
house-sitting stint and it was particularly unfortunate that it all coincided with the Christmas celebrations. Nevertheless,I was appalled by her neglect of the animals she was paid to care for and even her own beloved dog,Hepzie, experiences her displeasure.I feel sorry for Drew Slocombe, a widower with two young children, to whom she is attracted .Thea has little time for her own sex and her relationship with the females in her family, including her daughter, is strained and generally unsympathetic.I wonder if she,in her desire to bag Drew,has considered fully the problems she may face with a young girl and boy who have recently been bereaved.I await the next book with interest.
on 21 July 2014
Once more this lady tells a good story well presented murder and the characters within the storyline hold the reader's interest, the little bits of humour only enhance the enjoyment. Well done Rebecca Tope.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 August 2014
Oh dear Rebecca
What have you done to Thea? Moaning, self pitying - please don't burden poor Drew with her.
The plot was tenuous and the working out unbelievable. What a shame I have enjoyed all the previous books but this was dire
Please retire Thea to normal life
on 15 April 2016
The Cotswolds become alive in this series of books.
Each one stands alone but each one is linked and the mystery goes on.
I look forward to other books in the series.
I wait with bated breath as to how the story of her characters unfold and you become part of them as you read.
on 29 April 2015
I love village mysteries but I wonder if the author is deliberately trying to making the central character as annoying as possible in these Cotswold murder novels. Maybe Ms Tope is sitting back, having a good laugh as she wonders how much more irritating Thea Osbourne can be:) In Trouble in the Cotswolds, Thea has flu, but the poor animals suffer the most with her neglect of absolutely everything she is hired to do and her obsession with her illness, the almost unlikeable neighbours, and of course the murder victims, not to mention poor Drew Slowcombe who should run a mile from Thea. By the time I was halfway through the book, I felt like I had flu too - frankly I couldn't have cared less who was murdered or why. Even Hepzie the dog behaved badly. This is a series I love to hate but can't stop reading, so hats off to Ms Tope. By contrast, her new Lake District series with a very likeable florist sleuth is a total delight. More Lake district mysteries please, and let's leave Thea to her solitary misery in the Cotswolds. I can't bear to read about any more unhappy animals in her care, or get another dose of her disillusionment with her daughter!