Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.09

VINE VOICEon 6 January 2017
A little late to this particular party - again courtesy of good ol' planet rock!
I'd heard a couple of tracks by Royal Blood on the radio and thought they were "OK" but not the sort of the thing I'd invest in buying a complete album of...but, that little riff that is "Out Of The Black" kept coming back into my head - simple but so powerful (but then, aren't pretty much all the best things the simpler things in life?) so decided, what the hell, and put my order in and, since it's receipt before Christmas, it's been stuck in the car player keeping out many other albums that I've just not had the time (or inclination) to oust this for!
So imagine my surprise when this CD went into the player for the first time and the first track coming up was the very track that had me buying this in the first instance, but then "Come On Over" launched, and I just thought to myself "samey" but continued playing without skipping and by the time I'd got to the end of "Better Strangers", I was a convert. Yes it is simplistic, but that crashing drum kit and a Bass that has to fill in all those voids has to be something very special indeed and as an overall picture, I could not get out of my head the idea of the dance troupe STOMP making much of this album....and while the vocals of Mike Kerr remind me so much of Muse in style and texture, they are not deivative, fully complementing the brutal rythmn pervading an album that begs to be played at volume 11....!
Mike and Ben, my hat is off to you, this is a brilliant bit of rock which I hope can be built upon on the next album that I very much look forward to putting an order in on as soon as announced!
on 30 March 2016
It is a borderline CD single. An unacceptably short affair where some ace riffs go totally under-used. A little less record company pressure on short, punchy 2 minute singles and more emphasis on rocking-out to some phat riffs for more than 15 seconds a piece would be much appreciated.
on 5 May 2017
Mint condition despite being advertised as used, very pleased
on 15 April 2017
brilliant band
on 23 May 2017
Superb debut album and superb live band too
on 20 May 2017
interesting listen and very catchy
on 9 January 2016
Great but samey. Where do they go from here?
on 14 March 2015
Great rock from start to finish - no more no less.
on 4 May 2017
it rocks
on 30 September 2014
loud, heavy, tuneful, catchy, different, fantastic guitar sound - love it !!