on 13 August 2012
The first book in the series starts a bit stiffly, but each one from there redeems it and it just keeps getting better. The author has created a great storyline that ties well together and kept me up at night.

Also, is so cheap on Kindle, it's a no-brainer!
on 28 October 2012
Of the three books I've read so far this has been the best so far. There's lots going on,with the action being split across several characters and not just focusing on Alexander. Whilst I enjoyed it though I do regret the way the main villain of the storyline, Phane, has been reduced to almost a bit role here and comes across more comical than dangerous. And I can see why some people have written in their reviews that they don't like the way that everything always goes Alexander's way, that he seems to get a few scratches, drinks Lucky's healing potion and then everything is fine. There is that element in he book but it didn't detract too much from my enjoyment.
on 24 January 2013
As with the previous two books in the series David A Wells has put together the threads of a great world spanning epic here. Its not so deep you get lost in the analogies and morals etc but deep enough to keep you very interested.
on 19 May 2013
Continuing the Sovereign series with great pace and story telling. Again some of the story lines are rushed, especially the final couple of pages but this is still a very enjoyable read and recommended.
on 24 December 2012
I am really enjoying the Sovereign of the Seven Isles books - as soon as one is finished I immediately download the next! The story is captivating, however there is quite a bit of repetition, which can be slightly annoying.
on 14 July 2012
Since I got my kindle I have been drawn to authors that I have never thought of reading before. OK I'm Scottish and can't resist a bargain. The first in the series is usually free and then once you've read it you are hooked. The Sovereign of the Seven Isles series has been a relavation. I have read a lot of fatansy books and this series is up with the best of them. David Eddings, Trudi Canavan, Ian Irvine, Piers Anthony, perhaps even Tolkein. Once you start you will not be able to put it down. At times the detail of the battle scenes is more information than I need, but that is more than made up for by the tension and the need to read just one more page to see what happens. Thoroughly recommend this series.
on 28 October 2014
What a shame that a really good story is spoilt at times by repetitive and unimaginative writing. If the characters have another meal that is "Well prepared" I will scream. The details of battles etc are sometimes repetitive and certainly overlong! All that having been said I think the characters are very engaging and up to now the story extremely entertaining! I shall certainly read the next in the series.
on 28 June 2012
Wow! The batte scenes are extraordinary, graphic and very blood thirsty. I am thoroughly enjoying this series of books, so much so that I have recommended them to my brother who is an avid fantasy reader too.
on 7 July 2012
this is the 3rd book in this series and it is a thoroughly enjoyable read.
I would put David A Wells on a par with Gemmell or Feist if not better.
After reading Thinblade the first in the series I bought the other three straight away.
The characters in the seven Isles are many and varied and I am looking forward to the forth
book which I am just about to start.
well done
on 20 October 2013
Another enjoyable read in this series. It seems each book just keeps getting better. They are a decent length as well which ihave found some books in other series lacking. Total page turner well worth a read