TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 August 2014
I was given one of these backpacks to review.

There are two main spaces - the largest takes the laptop and still has loads of space - unstretched the space is about the size of a *large* (UK) cereal box. There's two pouches in the main space - one for a laptop and one for something like a 10 inch tablet. Both have velcro straps that prevent the devices falling out if the bag's on its side/upside down.

The laptop pouch did accept my 15.4 laptop, but it was snug. The pouch is about 10 inches wide which is a better way to check whether your machine will fit it than screen size - as the amount of plastic around the laptop screen can have an affect.

The second main space is much smaller (about A4 sized but only 1 - 1.5 inches deep) and has lots of little pouches for pens, a calculator and coins (a little zipped pouch).

The side pockets are webbed, with one having a zip and the other not - both will fit a small water bottle.

There's a small pouch on the bottom that contains a webbing net. You can pull it out and clip it to two small clips at the top of the pack. This is the "basket ball" pouch from the pictures and is a nice touch. The webbing really expands to a massive size.

Right on the top there's a rubberised slit in the lid that you can poke you headphones through and have your mp3 player in the bag but still be listening to it.

The mobile phone holder on the left front strap fits my Samsung Galaxy S4 and is handy - as is the sunglasses holder on the other strap.

There's a lot of padding where the backpack sits against your back and it is comfortable when carrying heavier loads. I've carried 4 pints of milk and other items in it without discomfort.

It seems to be well made - i've given it a weeks use and pulled it about on purpose. As an acid test I also let the kids play with it for a few days. It's still intact and I can't see any rips or easing of the seams.

I think, though it's quite pricey, it's a quality product that will last.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 9 November 2014
DISCLOSURE:
I was kindly supplied this item free of charge to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.

—— INITIAL IMPRESSIONS ——

Looks great, feels great.
A great start!

—— FEATURES / SPACES ——

The main compartment consists of:
- 1x rear pocket for a laptop (secured by elasticated velcro and lightly padded)
- 1x front pocket (slightly shorter and secured by elasticated velcro)
- 1x small pocket for keys/bag of sweets (not secured)
- 1x tiny hole in top to feed headphones through
- Main space that’s big enough to carry stuff for a day out, no longer (unless you travel very light)

The front compartment consists of:
- Main space that is just wide/long enough to fit A4 documents (not on their own though, as they’d fold horribly)
- 1x phone pocket (that isn’t all that wide and certainly won’t fit my 6 Plus!) (After some more testing, this pocket is the perfect size for an iPhone 5S).
- 2x pen pockets
- 1x larger pocket (that is just big enough to fit my 6 Plus)
- 1x zipped mesh-fronted pocket (that sits on the front of the above mentioned larger pocket)
- 1x key holder (attach your keys to this keyring, that in turn is attached to the bag. It is easily detached for easy use - very clever)

There is one side pocket on each side. Both are mesh-fronted so you can vaguely see what’s in them. One has a zipped closure, the other is elasticated.
Above each of these pockets are fastening that I imagine would help to secure bottles etc within them (small bottles though, larger ones certainly won’t fit).

The bottom pocket zips open to unleash a ‘ball holder’. This is a lightweight mesh that clips onto the front of the bag near the top, meaning you can store a basketball or similar on the outside of the bag. A really good idea as it means you don’t use the whole bag’s capacity to carry around a ball.

The back of the backpack (the bit that is in contact with your back), is very nicely padded, and has spaces within the padding to assist in airflow.

Both arm straps are adjustable and padded. On the right strap there is a small horizontal piece of elastic to feed one arm of your sunglasses through. On the left arm is an elasticated mesh pocket which is the perfect size for an iPhone 5S.
Both arms contain another little piece of material for you to strap/attach further items to them.

—— IN USE ——

I’ve really enjoyed using this backpack. It’s very comfortable to wear for decent lengths of time, and holds a decent amount of stuff. It will happily carry around your laptop (up to 15.6” - mine is a 13” Macbook and is very happy in there), a decent chunk of paperwork and folders etc, stationary and further related equipement, phones, iPads, tablets etc etc, the list goes on. The space will very quickly be filled if you start adding thick winter jumpers in however! You could always use the ‘ball holder’ to carry around a waterproof/jumper though!

I get annoyed when companies create good products, and then ruin them by using cheap zips. This hasn’t happened with this bag. The zips are all big, chunky and full of a neverending zipping-ability. Colour me happy.

The materials used throughout the bag are all of a high quality, and although I’ve only been using this bag for a month or two, I have no doubts it will last many years without issue.

I guess this bag would be vaguely water-resistant, but I certainly wouldn’t want to be caught in a rain storm whilst my laptop was inside. You can always separately purchase a waterproof backpack cover, but that’s a different conversation...

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

---- CONCLUSION ----

All in all, this is a very well made bag, that I would happily use to lug around a laptop and paperwork etc if my work required it.
After a couple months of use, I have zero complaints, and am still using it on a semi-regular basis.

OVERVIEW
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes.

PROS:
✓ High quality materials
✓ Good zips
✓ Plenty of pockets/storage options
✓ Laptop pocket (decently padded)
✓ Other pockets for phones/tablets
✓ Easily fit paperwork folders
✓ Mesh ‘ball holder’
✓ Well padded, so rather comfortable

CONS:
✗ None

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
If you have any questions regarding this product, feel free to leave comments down below - I'm happy to help...
on 5 December 2014
A very disappointing purchase for my 15 year son in September 2014. It has not survived even one term - the straps have broken, disintegrated in fact as they are made of too much elastic rather than fabric so with anything like a reasonable load they stretch and break. Not fit for purpose.
review image
on 13 April 2015
Backpack delivered in very quick time very well packed comes in a protective cover very pleased with item well made and a very good design I am very pleased with my purchase and would use seller again.
on 15 October 2014
Very happy with this product, fantastic for the price!
Ignore what the low-ratings are saying about their laptops not fitting, their laptops don't fit because they do not have 15.6" or under laptops- simple as that.
My Lenovo Thinkpad 410 sits in the laptop compartment nice and snug, and a 17" macbook sits comfortably in the pocket opposite, which is equally as padded.

The only issue I have had with this bag is that the strips of fabric on the sides of the straps (aesthetics, not functional) have lost a little bit of threading after a couple of months usage. This has not affected the look of the product too much, but it was a bit of a shame for this to happen to an otherwise faultless bag.
on 31 October 2015
So far so good with this backpack. I needed a less bulky backpack for the daily commute, and have experienced other backpacks showing very early signs of wear on the straps. As this incorporates the carry handle and straps into one single piece across the top of the pack it seems (so far) to be a lot more robust. There's good storage with plenty of places to keep various items from tablets to pens, and the outer pockets are good, although only one side will fit a water bottle, as the other is zipped.
on 19 September 2014
This is a really comfortable backpack. The back of it is super cushiony, which is expected to make me hot, but it doesn't at all. It says "AIRFLOW" on the back of it, so I assume this was so wing they anticipated and corrected intentionally. The unpadded, concave part of the back allows air to move around the middle of your back, where you sweat the most I think.

This is perfect for my son's big old cheap 15.4 Dell laptop (it doesn't necessarily have to be old or cheap, but it certainly is big). His iPad also fits. But with the heavy dinosaur of a laptop on my son's back, this is well designed to make it not feel like he is hauling rocks on his back to school. He also carries a textbook or two and his notebook. He loves the way it looks and he's 16.5 so that's a really high bar to reach...he's seldom happy about anything.

This is an almost perfect knock off of the Swiss Army backpack
on 28 January 2015
Bought in October and the stitching on one of the elastic sections of the strap came undone towards end of November. It has deteriorated since. I would like a replacement or repair.
I know this is only a backpack and backpacks are not designed to be things of beauty, but this really is a high quality product. The first thing that struck me was how well padded the inner lining of the pack is - it really is very thick and makes wearing it a doddle. Previous backpacks I owned tended to chaff a little around the shoulders and left red indentations on my skin. This one, however, comes with such padding - even on the reverse of the straps - that red skin is now a thing of the past. Just by holding the backpack you can feel the quality, as the material just feels superior to others. The zips are also really thick and chunky, like the ones found on old leather jackets. I guess what I am trying to write is that this product is a hard-wearing, durable backpack that should last the wearer for years. The inside of it contains so many compartments that rummaging around in it reminded me of when I got lost in Hampden court maze, when I was but a mere slip of a boy. The only downside of this item is that my wife thinks it is so good she has nicked it from me to carry her lap top in. I might have to order another...
on 26 September 2014
I received this bag yesterday, I was a little apprehensive as to the sizing of this bag as previous reviewers had mentioned laptops not fitting in the designated compartment.

Well low and behold mine didn't fit, in fact we have three 15.6 inch screen laptops in our household of varying ages (Samsung R510, Lenovo z50-70 and a HP) and not one of them fitted. The description clearly states up to a 15.6 inch laptop which is very misleading. Having measured the laptop compartment if your laptop is bigger than 14.5 x 9 inches physical size forget it. Of course the laptop would fit in the main compartment of the bag, but that's not why I'm buying a dedicated laptop rucksack, to be rattling about!! I have a bob standard rucksack at a third of the price to do that.

The bag itself is very well made and like previous reviewers have stated it has an Aladdin's cave of features.