Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.99

The 'American Heartland' series has already given us one or two great-releases,
this release harbours many of the great names of the Country scene down the
years, perhaps the best 'Country' compilation I've seen in many a year.
Many, if not most of the tracks on-board this 3CD compilation have appeared
in the U.K Charts.
Though there is always going to be a favourite artist not included on an album
of this nature, oh-boy there are so many that are though.
There are so many familiar numbers on-board, i'll randomly select a few from
each of the three discs to give a flavour of the quality you can expect from the
collection.......on disc one........'Johnny Cash' --'I Walk The Line'.......'Willie Nelson'
--' Always on My Mind' .......'Skeeter Davis' --'The End of The World'.......
'Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers' --'Islands in The Stream'........'Jim Reeves' --
'Distant Drums'.......'Roy Orbison' --'Crying'........and.......'Tanya Tucker' --'Delta
Dawn'........Just a few of the many great tracks to be found on disc one.......on disc
two........'Kenny Rogers' --'Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town'........''Don Williams'
--'I Recall the Gypsy Woman'........'Billie Jo Spears' --'Blanket On The Ground'......
'Juice Newton' --'Angel of The Morning'........'Bobby Bare' --'500 Miles Away From
Home'........'Joe South' --'Walk a Mile in My Shoes'........and........'C.W.McCall' --
'Convoy'.......again just a sample of the many great Country numbers on disc two..
...on disc three.......'Frankie Laine' with Jimmy Carroll and his Orchestra' --'Rawhide'
(Many like myself will remember 'Rawhide' being our introduction to screen legend
'Clint Eastwood).......'The Charlie Daniels Band' --'The Devil Went Down To Georgia'
'Tennessee Ernie Ford' --'Sixteen Tons'........'Hank Snow' and his Rainbow Ranch
Boys' --'I'm Movin' On'.......'Marty Robbins' --'Devil Woman'.......'Don Gibson' --
'I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry'.......and.......'Roger Miller' --'King of The Road'.......
just some of the well known numbers to be enjoyed on disc three.
I have quite simply selected around a half a dozen or so of the many memorable
numbers harboured among the play-list on-board this 3-CD compilation....many
more numbers of course were worthy of a mention.......certainly worth checking
out, the collection has many of the greatest Country-Music songs of all-time on
this 3-CD American Heartbeat Compilation......Again,Truly Worth Checking Out.
This will suit people who only listen to country music occasionally, but will also suit country fans (like me) who like to have a lot of the obvious songs together in one place. This particular compilation is released by Sony, with some tracks licensed from Universal and one (the final track) licensed from Warner. That Warner track (Mr. Bojangles - Jerry Jeff Walker) is a big surprise, because while it is a great track, there are plenty of more obvious tracks from Emmylou Harris, Olivia Newton John, Randy Travis, Eddie Rabbitt or Dwight Yoakam (to name a few) that I would have considered ahead of Mr Bojangles. Perhaps whoever chose the song is a Star Trek fan. No matter what the reason, its inclusion here is most welcome.

Elsewhere, the choices from a British perspective are fairly predictable, but there are a few other surprises, which I don't mind. The Waylon Jennings track is Are you sure Hank done it this way, rather than Theme from the Dukes of Hazzard. The Bobby Bare track is 500 miles away from home, not Detroit city. The Joe South track is Walk a mile in my shoes, rather than Games people play. And that's about it as far as the choice of songs go for the artists chosen. There is more scope for debating the artists chosen, though the labels now owned by Sony and Universal dominated country music for most of the 20th century. If you already have 101 Country Hits, another multi-label collaboration, you may have a lot of these tracks already, but there are noticeable differences too. For example, this one has Convoy (C W McCall), which wasn't on the other one, but that one had Harper Valley PTA (Jeannie C Riley).
on 22 November 2014
I bought this for my dad. He loves country music and all the old favourites are on here but I can't help thinking there's a lot of unknown songs put on there just to fill the album. Maybe it's because I'm not a die hard country fan myself
on 22 August 2014
Have played this trio again and again, Canadian cousins said they felt at home when they visited, but I still think I know the words to each track better than them!! Very happy with this purchase most of my favourites are on here.
on 9 July 2014
Quick delivery, excellent value & great quality. Great CD with all the greats on it. Brought for my elderly parents who will enjoy it for many hours to come. Really pleased, would recommend item & supplier.
on 11 July 2014
This is an excellent collection of all of the country standards at a very good price. All the expected artists are here - plus some that might be less familiar. I heard this on Radio 2 and was sufficiently intrigued to buy it and am glad I did. It's great for playing in the car when on a trip, just turn up the volume and sing along!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 October 2015
60 songs. Sounds a lot; and it is! Three albums, but doesn't take a lot of time to play through, as the songs are quite short, overall. :D Gorgeous compi album, this. I was actually looking for that song Hard To Be Humble. This album showed up with it on and I thought, "Oh, why not!" as ya do :) Playing through and getting lots of enjoyment, I heard another song which I'd tried to track down a few years ago: Behind Closed Doors; (Charlie Rich).

Tell ya what - if you're looking for a particular song that was around during the 70s; you might just find what you're looking for on one of these albums. I love them. It's a quick way of getting your favourite records into your collection. You can always buy dedicated albums later by the artists you particularly like.

Top marks for this compilation. Some lovely stuff on here, and it's a huge pleasure to listen to, any time of day.
on 14 December 2014
There are some great classics on here. I bought this after I went to Nashville earlier this year as part of a tour. I was never much of a country fan as such, but after going to the Nashville Palace, the Grand ol Opry and some honky-tonk bars, I heard some fantastic music. I heard someone do a brilliant version of "The Devil went down to Georgia", he had the whole place up on their feet and I thought "I must download that song when I get home". I found it on this album, now I'm loving all the other tracks.

Superb.
VINE VOICEon 8 May 2015
Bought for my mum who is getting many hours of pleasure as the majority of the tracks are familiar to her. Good quality sound on home system and in the car. It's very good value as there are 3 CD's included.
on 21 August 2014
Brillant CD i enjoyed every second listening to it,all 3 CDs were great just as i thought they would be,some of the best country singers of our time.Buy it if you are a country fan you will not regret it.Lets have some more like this.