Top positive review
14 people found this helpful
Pros/Cons & Sizing Guide (Concept2 & PM5)
on 30 August 2015
I've been using the Polar H7 strap with my Concept2 rowing machine (with PM5 monitor) on a daily basis for over a month, and I'm very happy with it.
- Works really well: I've experienced no disconnection problems.
- Very comfortable / lightweight / unobtrusive.
- The strap is elasticated, making it very easy to fit & ensures it stays in place too.
- Feels like a quality product
- I initially wasn't sure what size to order, but then found this sizing guide (on a US website):
XS/Small - 20-30 inches
Med/XL - 30-45 inches
XXXL - 45-60 inches
- I have to "pair it" with my Concept2 rowing machine every time I use it - though this only take a few seconds each time (and I strongly suspect this a "feature" of the PM5 monitor on the rowing machine, not the Polar H7 strap).
- The Polar H7 instructions indicate that you should moisten the back of the strap before use, to ensure good electrical contact. The back of the strap where the monitor is located is plastic coated, so water rolls off it - so I simply moisten my chest instead (not a problem at all, but just thought I'd mention it!) - as I say, I've not experienced any disconnection problems.
- The heart rate monitor connects to the strap with a pair of clips. I have read that its good practice to disconnect one of the clips (to break the electrical circuit) when the strap is not being used, to prevent the batteries running down - this is extremely easy to do.