Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 July 2017
Love Midge Ure
on 19 August 2014
Been a long time coming for this album, Midge at his best,
on 1 August 2014
Fab album, fav tracks are 'I survived' and 'become" almost as good have hearing Midge live.
on 7 July 2014
waited a while for some new solo material from midge and this cd doesn't dissapoint from start to finish each track is beautiful.midge fans will love this and newcomers should take a listen i am sure you will enjoy,well done midge on a superb album 10/10.
on 7 July 2014
I have to say that I approached this album with some trepidation as I am not a great fan of Midge's earlier work or of overly electronic music. However, I found that I was drawn in, slowly and masterfully at first, then completely engulfed in the sheer beauty of these soaring, uplifting songs. Great use of strings and other orchestrations in places and a fine, fine voice. This is some achievement and he deserves great recognition for this work. My album of the year so far and I buy around two hundred albums a year. Just great.
on 11 October 2017
I've been a fan of Midge's since his Slik days and he can write far better songs than this. I'm sorry but found it a bit slow and samey. No upbeat stuff. Ive just been watching Midge in action with Ultravox and "Return To Eden" and his voice is very powerful but on this album it's as though he's whispering in parts. Maybe it will grow on me?
on 8 July 2014
This Is Midge at his best. This album was worth waiting for. The music and lyrics uplift the soul. The songs are so intense that you want to keep listening again and again. Even people not familiar with Midge's music cannot fail to be moved by this newest offering from a true master.
on 15 August 2014
After the triumphant return of Ultravox with the fantastic Brilliant Midge returns with a new long awaited solo offering. I have to say Fragile has exceeded all of my expectation's and without doubt is Midge's finest solo release ever. Every track is quality but special mentions must go to tracks such as the very Ultravoxy, Are We Connected, the different but wonderful Star crossed and the first single from the album the truly fantastic Become, an absolute belter of a track and probably the best single release Midge has made. However the track that steals the show is the haunting and amazing Dark dark night, in my opinion this is Midge Ure's finest solo moment, a truly stunning track! If I had any criticisms it would be the lack of upbeat tracks which I would rather have had on there instead of the Instrumentals, and as has been mentioned already in another review the vocals are a bit whispery at times, Midge's voice is best when he is giving it everything. Tbh this is just nit picking and my own personal preferences, not real criticism. I deliberately waited to review this album as I didn't want to do an instant fanboy writeup and a month on from first listening to it I love it more than I did at the outset. Buy it, give it a chance and you will see this is long lasting masterpiece!
on 3 August 2014
I'm shocked at what I will say here but sadly I think this is poor and move me is a far better album, only saving grace of this album is become & I only say this as its very similar to material from Ultravox's Brilliant. Its in the car at the mo so lets see if it grows on me!
on 7 July 2014
The album contains beautiful seemingly heartfelt lyrics put to great music.

Midge Ure's voice is as timeless & perfect as ever. The music sings to you in its own independent right.

Fragile may have been some time in the making but it's crafted to perfection & was well worth the wait.

The album shows a great deal of maturity & years of experience from a musical master.

Whether an existing fan or someone new to Midges music this album will not disappoint.