on 1 December 2016
How can one chance meeting set the course of your life? Hard to say really. But it does.
A young girl; confused, alone and hurting. A young boy; singled out, isolated in a hard life. One moment that changed them both and set things into motion for the rest of their lives.
What can I say about this book? Well, it has all the feels! this will literally take you through every emotion you have and put it through the wringer. I was so angry for Mae, angry at the treatment she endured, angry at the misunderstood ignorance, angry that people think they can just close their eyes and ignore things like this. Heartbroken at her loss, so much loss. Not only physical loss but that of her faith, the confusion of finding out who she is and what she truly believes to be right.
Styx ... OMG Styx! The broken boy, who had to be twice as cruel to maintain his place within the lifestyle he was born into. That boy is still locked inside this hard uncaring man that we meet. And boy do you know when he comes out! He is fierce! Fiercely loyal, Fiercely protective and passionate!
I love the twists and turns in the story and the big finale is amazing! There are enough secondary characters to inform and give plenty of scope for more books in the series without overwhelming the flow.
Looking forward to seeing what is next!
on 20 June 2016
Salome/Mae and Styx were always meant to be together, they just met at the wrong time. fifteen years later when Mae is found close to death inside The Hangmens MC compound their love is given a second chance.
Where do I start with my review for this very dark, erotic romance? Well it was brilliant, very well written, it had violence, gruesome murder, sexual and mental abuse, a Cult and a Motorcycle Club! There were a great mix of characters and story line was excellent, and I can't wait to start the next book in the Hades Hangmen series. I cannot believe this is my first book by Tillie Cole, she's an amazing writer! Where the hell have I been?
I passed up reading It Ain’t Me Babe a few times thinking it wasn’t the type of mc read that I would enjoy. I have to say the author quickly dispelled those thoughts as I became hooked to the storyline and I fell in love with Mae, Styx and the men that made up the Hades Hangmen mc.

Salome (Mae) lived a cursed life for being so beautiful that she was seen to be a bewitching temptress in a man’s path to be free from sin. Betrayed by her own and held prisoner in a religious commune location unknown Mae was forced to follow Prophet David’s strict teachings. With no contact with the outside world Mae lost her childhood and had her innocence stolen by one of the elders, a man who sexually abused and tortured Mae over the years under the false order as an act of purifying her tarnished soul from sin, when in reality the commune used religion to manipulate the teachings of the bible to hide its true nature of a heavily guarded sex cult. Stumbling upon River (Styx) behind the fence changed young Mae’s life, in those brief moments they shared he comforted her and their deep connection led to their first kiss. Forced to leave Mae behind the confines of a high fence Styx never forgot her beautiful wolf eyes despite searching for her. Years later when fate brings an injured Mae to Styx the hope in his eyes gives him the strength to fight his speech impediment, and form his words to uncover if she could be the beautiful girl he saw.

As Mae recovers from her injuries she finds herself learning about life and the teachings from the commune lose their hold on her. She sees for the first time what it is to live a life without restraint and regret, as the men from the mc display what is deemed as acts of sin in her eyes so openly. Despite what Styx feels for Mae he doesn’t see himself as being her man, his lifestyle is steeped in violence, guns, and club whores and being the president of his club brings extra dangers, but that still didn't stop his possessive and protective instincts coming out along with jealousy when Mae was around Rider. I absolutely loved Styx and Mae their connection just consumes you with how much they love and need one another he really was her hero, plus Styx was just so irresistibly sexy showing his dominant alpha side as he delivered heart racing and passionate scenes with Mae. That one scene between Mae and Rider had me in tears I shouldn’t love him but I do! It Ain’t Me Babe is one of my favourite reads for 2015 the story just hooked me right in, and I loved Ky the man whore and the psycho trio Flame, Viking and AK they cracked me up!
on 6 June 2017
THAT was GOOD!!!

Wauw, so well-written and the storyline was epic! So raw and unique, I don't even know what to do with myself! And the characters! Wauw! Never even considering reading a book where the main character was mute! Loved it so much!

This was my very first Tillie Cole read, and let me just say I ordered the next two books, like 5 minutes ago! I need myself some Ky and Lilah and the one I CANT WAIT to read is Flame and Maddie!

I know they are going to be good!

Will I recommend?: TEAM HANGMEN! 100%! Get yourself a copy fellow readers!! Worth every penny!
on 4 May 2017
I have read all of Tillie's other books but for some reason I never fancied reading the Hades Hangmen series (I have no idea why). One of my friends read them and said I needed to read them so I started and I loved it. Its a bit dark and deep but knowing some of the things that happen are based on true events just made it even more riveting to read knowing things like this really happen is an eye opener. Loved the story and I am on book 4 now. Tillie is one of my go to authors no matter what she releases I will buy.
on 14 December 2014
I've read lots of MC stories and enjoyed lots of them but they do seem to follow the ladies man hard biker reformed by gal with golden veejayjay plot. This was a little different with the man whore badass biker reformed by gal escaping crazy religious cult. If I hadn't read the author's note at the beginning, I'd have thought the antics of the cult were far fetched, but apparently it's based on people's real experiences which is pretty horrifying.

There was lots going on in this plus a major surprise so there was lots to keep me entertained as well as the love story. There was also some nasty gore and bloodspilling in this which was important to the story, but was a hard read.

I liked this but I didn't love it. The dialogue seemed a little off and there were a couple of inconsistencies that pulled me out of the story a few too many times. I couldn't picture the bikers as Americans, they sounded British to me. Again, not a big issue in itself, but it did pull me out of the story.

This is kind of a complete story, but the ending leaves it wide open for a sequel. I enjoyed this but I don't think I loved it enough to read any more in this series.
on 13 November 2014
Tillie's first book in the Hades Hangmen series is just phenomenal. I don't want to ruin your reading so no spoilers will be included here.

It's a true story of Salome's aka Mae's journey from the depths of hell into the light again and that of her saviour Styx's own redemption from his own form of personal torture.

This is an MC book, but to me the harrowing and emotional topic, which Tillie had gone to great lengths to research, is what lifts it apart from other books in this genre. it's real, relatable and handled with care.

The two main characters are beautifully written. Styx's speech and inner monologue is heartbreaking at times and Mae's conflict over her 'freedom' and her sisters confinement moves anyone with a heart to tears. This is writing at its best. The supporting characters are far from superfluous and made the MC feel like a true family with issues, disagreements and fights but bonded by love, loyalty and freedom.

The twists and shocks kept coming forth, but te last two pages left me speechless. This is one book I can't recommend enough.
on 4 June 2014
I wish I could give this book more stars!! I love a MC book and have pretty much read most if the ones worth reading, to be honest I wasn't sure about this book when I first came across it. But this book is bloody genius!!! U would just never think putting a ex member of a cult with a mute biker together in a million years,but I am telling u this has to be my favourite book maybe ever! Saying that tho this book might not be for everyone and is really gritty but I think everything had its place being in it. I have never read any of tillie Coles books b4 but I will have to now. She is a really talented writer and you could tell this book was well thought though and researched!! So it goes without saying I am very excited to know there are at least 3 more books coming (fingers crossed for more). I am looking forward to ky's but it's flames I can't wait for!!!!!!
on 18 May 2014
FIVE STARS (Deserves many more!)

Reviewed by Sharon Thèrése Nuttall for Kindle Friends Forever

A sub-amazingly-lime read! One thing is knowing what you're talking about. Another thing is being able to put one's knowledge into words in a novel that not only flows to perfection, but also leaves you spell-bound and aghast in the same breath. What an eye-opener! I had a vague idea that a small number of religious sects are positively dangerous, but had absolutely no idea what these fanatics in the name of God are capable of.

This is without a doubt, one of the most difficult reviews I have written without letting on, so bear with me folks! I'll try my hardest not to spoil it for you! Salome and her sisters were born in The Order. Their lives are unsustainable and inhuman! Mae, aka Salome's story made me realise that whether or not members are born into certain Orders is inconsequential to the higher hierarchy's doctrines. One obeys regardless! Keeping their members in ignorance is fundamental because according to them, the outside world is full of sinful temptations! The girls' biggest sin is their beauty. They are victims of torture, rape and degradation which is explicitly described and made me feel more than uncomfortable.

Styx is the boss! He's too young to be the "prez" of a bikers charter, too horrendously strong and tattooed with rippling muscles in all the right places gals! But this guy has a problem...or two! When he was on the verge of puberty, he stumbled upon a beautiful young girl. While trying to communicate with her, somehow his speech disorder is alleviated and she becomes his lifelong obsession. She'll never forget the boy that tried to help her either. Now, the big question is...what will happen in the future? Is the traitor amidst this love story with a difference going to be the save the day?

The author's secondary characters are marvellous! I could have strangled Rider with my own bear hands! I just loved Beauty who will give Mae worldly-wise advice and help her through thick and thin. Apart from the storyline which is fast-moving and absorbing, what really swayed me was how the author has managed to express her male characters' speech perceptions. Mae's language is beyond fitting under the circumstances, too! Quite brilliant, so realistic, and this book is extremely unputdownable! If you like twist and turns that abound in an aggressively complex read, this is for you! One thing that I'd like to mention before giving this author my ovation, are the sex scenes. Although they are one way or another relevant and well narrated, the importance of this surreal story are two people from totally different backgrounds

To the author; Ms. Cole! I am abso-friggin-lutley lost for words! BRAVO!

PS. Do listen to playlist on [...]
on 23 April 2017
So very out of my comfort zone as a reader, but having read and loved a number of Tillie Cole books I thought I'd give it a go. Now, I am not a prude, but I did wince at some of the content and I have to admit that I found it quite explicit and uncomfortable to read at times. However, I always try to judge a book by stripping that away and in someways skimming the language and the following the underlying theme and story was original (to me) and intriguing in equal measure.
I can't wait to see where the series goes, although I don't think I can read the next book just yet!