Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 14 February 2015
Dearest Clementine had everything it I love to find in a NA read and with romance, angst, humour, and endearing characters it was thoroughly enjoyable read. Plus it had an added sprinkling of suspense.

"...hot sex and a happily ever after. I don't do either."

Famous last words as when Clementine Avery meets Gavin Murphy attraction is inevitable. Because he's an absolute sweetheart - gentle, protective thoughtful and sexy. And whilst Clementine has her insecurities, she has fight and determination making her completely likeable; you simply can't not want them to find their happy ever after. But being NA, it's not plain sailing and with a nice dose of angst it held me captivated. Granted it isn't overly heavy of the sexual content, but the build-up and the romance was intimate, sexy and realistic. My only disappointment was how quickly certain elements of the storyline were tied up; some were gathering real momentum yet seemed rushed heading towards the finish line.

Lex Martin is a new author to me, but she has certainly ingratiated herself onto my list of authors I wouldn't hesitate to read again. And with a cast of secondary characters that injected humour and lighter moments, I look forward to reading Jax & Dani and Daren & Maddie's stories.
on 31 December 2015
You need inspiration? You're looking at it. Now shut up and let me kiss you."

I wasn't sure what to expect from this one but I loved it!!

The storyline was really good. I'm sure you've read the synopsis but basically Clementine accidentally signs up for a romance writing class, she hates it but it's too late to do anything about it. Not long after she meets musician and RA guy Gavin! The romance between the two grows as well as a mystery begins to grow and unravel around them and they're closer to it than they realize!

OK so Clem was a cold B&%ch Well that's how she comes across at first. I was thinking how the hell I was going to connect with her but you get to know her more and in turn completely understand why she comes across the way she does. She is actually so lovable you just need to give her the chance. Dead set on keeping a distance from everyone but with great friends like the ones she has and a hot guy determined to break past her walls it's not going to be that simple!

" There is something so safe about being wrapped up in Gavin Murphy."

Gavin! Ah I loved him so, so much. He was the sweetest! And when Clem had no inspiration, Gav had the best idea to get her past her writers block. Ha! Charmer ;-) Gav was just so refreshing, the hero in books these days, even in college romances are thrown at you so aggressively. What I mean by that is they're extremely sexy, extremely alpha, extremely a*&hole, extremely whatever, you know what I mean! Everything they are is heightened by a thousand and there's nothing wrong with that, I still love that in my book boyfriends but Gav stood out for me because he was real, he was sweet and sexy and so damn swoony and he still had flaws but he's done in such a way you appreciate and love him more for the honest way Lex has written him.

"You probably don't realize this, but you're hard to forget."

This book was sweet and sexy. Hello library scene ;-) who doesn't love a library scene? It has a great story, the right amount of mystery and angst. Brilliant characters to love and others to hate. All in all this was a brilliant read!

"Baby, you haven't made out until you've made out in the stacks."
on 9 July 2014
I was expecting the typical young romance but what I got was so much more! I have a huge crush on Gav (yes, we have nicknames!) and all the characters were genuine and believable. The story had a mix of sweet, hot, drama and of course a HEA! Cannot fault this book. Look forward to Jax and Daren's stories!
on 10 July 2014
A really great read. Meet clemintine who has had everyone in her life walk all over her. Shes closed off and been through hell. Meet Gavin who is a super hot stud and is part of the same band as her room mates boyfriend. Put them together and sparks fly but Clem is having trouble seeing it. I enjoyed this story because there's suspense and a dark brooding stalker who's now back and a girl on campass that's gone missing. This is a must read. Looking forward to the next book by lex. Martin.
on 10 April 2015
I am feeling blissed out on sweetness.

Gorgeous, thoughtful, darlin' Gavin. He makes my knees tremble.

Clementine is a feisty badass of a girl. OMG she climbs, She has abs. I want abs so bad.

This book was recommended to me by a book buddy Edz. I have never met her, but we share some similar tastes in reading. I bought it and left it festering on my kindle.

There's a back story going on to keep you guessing and sweet, sweet love developing. Heart racing kissing that made me melt. Oh the joys of a kiss! The ones that give you goosebumps and butterflies. The kisses that when you've been married for ever are rare.

"Clementine, I want to warn you." His voice is husky and deep. "I'm going to kiss you, and you're going to like it. A lot. But I want to be clear that I'm not going to sleep with you, because I want you to respect me in the morning."

Really lovely story. Likeable characters. Sweet. And a Maroon 5 reference. Life gets no better for me.

Lex has a new fan.
on 8 August 2015
Fantastic NA read! Had this book for a while and wished I read it sooner.

Clementine is a spiky and snarky college girl carrying a shedload of baggage. She's a writer.

Gavin is a gorgeous, caring and patient guy, who's fancied her for ages. He's a journalist.

He is suddenly on her radar and she finds herself surprisingly attracted to him. What starts out as a friendship, turns into something more - something that has the potential power to break her. She tries to keep her distance, but he really gets under his skin.

Loved this story! I loved their sexy connection, their banter, Gavin's gorgeousness, and the things he says to her. Clem was a great character - real, fragile, brave and snarky.

A definite must-read.
on 12 August 2014
Aww! I really enjoyed Dearest Clementine. I think it's because I'm a big believer in fate, so I really appreciated the many coincidences and chance encounters that occur in the story (or maybe I'm just becoming really sentimental underneath my Brit cynicism).

Clementine 'Clem' (love the name) really made me smile. This was strange because on the surface she's kinda standoffish and I felt like I shouldn't have liked her as much as I did. Standoffishness aside, Clem's really funny, she has some great one-liners. Her secret life and disdain of romance writing really made me laugh.

On to Gavin...

I had two friends called Gav growing up, so it's difficult for me to see the name as sexy, but thankfully Lex Martin does a great job, making her Gavin my latest BBF! Gavin Murphy is an RA, who likes writing as much as Clem (my idea of a perfect guy is a hot guy who is into books and writing). I enjoyed the parallels between Clem's writing and their friendship.

To keep things interesting there's a clever hook! Martin adds a mystery thriller element to elevate the story above the usual NA plot. I'm not going to spoil this for you though!

I liked the secondary characters but wasn't the biggest fan of Clem's twin brother. A lot of his actions seemed extremely shady to me. There is one particular place in the story where I wanted to smack him!

4 Stars in my Sky!
on 8 September 2015
This has been a pleasure to read with loveable characters and also the ones we love to hate, it is full of realism with how they live, what they do and when things are down the friends come together for protection, laughs, the kick in the butt if you need it all done with so much in the background that you pick up on the mystery and suspense. Clementine has a twin brother and comes from a wealthy background but he is the apple of their eye and the things that have happened to her make her closed off, what happens when she starts to open up and how it all goes will bring your emotions up and take you through many of them.
on 21 July 2014
This was such a sweet, warm read, I really enjoyed it.
I got the warm and fuzzies just from the first base action in this, the chemistry the author created was amazing.
College senior Clementine is, at the beginning of the story, spiky and icy cold with everyone following a traumatic event in her past. She's unwilling to trust anyone. Gavin gradually breaks through her barriers by being all hot and emerald eyed and messy haired and fit and sweet and protective. I kind of loved Gavin to bits. Clementine's writing a romantic story but has no real life experience to base her story on so lovely Gavin gallantly offers to supply a little inspiration...
At the same time Clementine is in danger. Tbh that part of the story never really got very dark or scary it didn't matter because it gave lovely Gavin the chance to show off his growly protective side. Did I mention how lovely he is?
This was a really well written, enjoyable story that had some funny banter and slapstick as well as the love story. Recommended if you enjoyed Easy (different plot but similar vibe) or you're looking for a romantic escape that'll give you the warm and fuzzies.
This is a complete story with no cliffhanger but there are more in this series featuring different characters. I can't wait to read them.
on 13 July 2014
Stumbled across this book while reading different blogs and I am so glad I did, this book is phenomenal, it hooked me in and kept me there, I just wanted everything to work out for Clem and at the start I didn't even like her! Not what I expected but I loved it and cannot wait to read Jax's story. Fab.