on 12 June 2017
Excellent product sold by a excellent company
on 1 July 2017
Really good item does the job
on 26 October 2017
Nice DVD Player that matches my otherSomy product (AV Reciever) at a very good price very happy
on 21 October 2017
It's Sony...what else can I say?
on 19 November 2017
Slim and stylish
on 30 May 2015
I've owned a range of Blu Ray players over the years from an £80 one to Sony's ES Reference-level player, which cost over £1000 (when I was heavily into home cinema as a hobby). Recently I'd been using an Xbox One as my Blu Ray player, but I found it quite noisy (the machine itself rather than the disk spinning), which could be distracting during the quieter moments of films.

This Sony player is not as solid as a reference quality player, but you can tell that it's well made. Crucially, for me, it is very quiet. I also like the unfussy aesthetic - it's a simple classy looking design.

Set up was a breeze (including connection to a wireless network). Both sound and picture quality are excellent paired with a Samsung 4K TV and Yamaha sound bar. So far, I have had no issues with any disks - everything plays perfectly. The controller is also simply designed - nothing too flashy, but it does the job.

The Sony is also capable of up-scaling images to 4K (if you have a 4K TV, of course). The effect is fairly subtle compared to proper 4K content, so don't expect miracles. Overall, you get a very good picture with Blu Rays and the player also handles standard DVDs very well. I haven't bothered with any of the networking features such as streaming content from a PC, so I can't comment on them.

In conclusion, if you want a good quality player with excellent features but don't want to pay £500+ for high-end players, I highly recommend this one.
on 21 November 2016
Been thinking of upgrading from my old Sony DVD for a long time - Sony have performed faultlessly for me and this is top of list. Perfect upscaling and awesome sound - wish I'd bought it sooner.........
on 23 January 2017
Wow! What a player! This replaces my ageing pioneer bdp 320 which in its day was a what hifi award winner for sound and picture quality. Hmm i guess technology really has moved on because this sony s7200 kicks its fat ass. I'm running it through a sony 1050 surround sound amp and epson EH-TW6600 projector on a 92 inch (on the diagonal ) screen. The first film i played (oblivion) which looks absolutely pristine on the sony with its clean bright whites and deep inky blacks with excellent colours. The sound in bitstream is the real star though. The way the sony s720 works with the 1050 is just amazing steering the sounds from tom cruises aircraft around the room is just sublime. I had to put the paramount opening on the first transfomers film where the stars fly over the lake to the transformers sound stage is just awesome at a moderate volume.. The s7200 is easy to set up. The built-in Wi-Fi is great as i use bbc iplayer a lot and works beautifully on the sony in hd and has streaming software built in to keep the image clean and stable which works very well. I looked at this player a year ago at its full price of 225.. I paid 119 pounds on amazon. Best blu ray player I've purchased so far..it has a huge amount of apps you can access through the opera app site. The user interface is a little dated as its the same as the ps3 but runs very slick due to the dual core processor. The remote is tiny but is well laid out. The player is a full size gloss black rectangle with sharp edges and smooth disc tray action. I put the player in quick start up mode and takes about 2 seconds to start up and 15 to 20 seconds to start up menu which is lightening quick compared to the 60 to 90 seconds of the old pioneer. The sony s7200 is whisper quiet in operation and is a very special player at a fraction of its original price. Fantastic..
on 16 December 2015
Its A 4K Monster!!
What A AMAZING Player.. I have dealt with tons of Machines over the years. I have Modded plenty of Technology over the last 32 Years. This Sony Machine has everything a Sound and Picture Buff could want. There is plenty of options to play with, more than most high tech TVs can do lol. Output Modes inc, BD-ROM 24p, DVD-Rom 24p, 4K Output inc Pictures, 3D mode with options, YCbCr/RGB = Auto, 4:2:2, 4:4:4, RGB. Hdmi Deep Color Out, Super Bitmap Out, IP Content Nr Pro, Plus stacks of other standard options.

The Sound is so amazing, it makes compressed sound clear and crisp. Sound Options Inc: Cinema conversion Mode, AUDIO: DSD Output, BD Audio Mix Settings, Digital Music Enhancer, DTS Neo:6, Audio DRC, SACD Super Audio.
Other Options inc. Screen Sharing, DNLA, USB x 2 for Video and Pics.
Its plays anything you can throw at it, inc CD-R/RW, DVD-R DVD-RW, DVD-ROM, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE.
Video Formats include everything I have thrown at it as well. Inc You no What;-)
Thor 2m 4K Upscaler HDMI Cable, Inc Amazon, Netflix, YouTube and Much, Much More..
I Put it through a THOR-HDMI 4K Upscaler Cable (Link Supplied) and the Picture got even more Amazing!! The THOR HDMI Cable is a Must have for any Film, TV Buff, tho its not needed for the Sony Player, it still completes the Perfect package.
After all the Review I have sent it back because the S6500 Version is £40 Cheaper without the SACD option and only 1 x USB Port, But it has the New PlayStation Game Network so you can play any PSP game on the Blu-Ray Disk Player. Sony have really up there Game This year..
Much Thanks goes to Amazon for there perfect support in all the stuff I have purchased and there understanding.
Regards And Merry Xmas To All Tony Hinks, Portsmouth..
on 11 March 2017
Good,very very good,everything ok.