Colour: Walnut|Style: FiftyThree Stylus|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 January 2016
So far so good!
I have been working as a professional cartoonist and illustrator for over 40 years now, and in that time I have seen an amazing number of changes to the typical work flow. From pen and paper to paper and scanner, through photoshop and illustrator, and now totally digital - astonishing rate of change.
Using an iPad Air and this stylus I have been able to replicate almost everything I want to do, which is a really good place to be.
It does make some squeaky noises when you work - which my cats find great fun!
Having the ability to pinch to zoom in and out is also a terrific bonus, especially as my eyes are not quite what they used to be. It enables you to add great details without the strain - and also reduces the amount of clean up time in software.
The free 53 paper app is OK, but it would really need to have access to layers to make it something I would use. If you just want to have fun it is fine.
I have some concerns about the rubber top wearing out, as this has been raised by other reviewers - but I haven't had any problems so far. If it does become an issue I will alter my review to reflect that, but at the moment it is a definite 5 stars from me.
I have attached an example of my work so you can judge for yourself whether the stylus might work for you.
review image
on 19 April 2017
I have had several different stylus this is by far the best. It fits my writing position and feels almost like a normal pen. There are several other apps that this pen works with.
on 20 June 2017
Easy to set up, doesn't take long to charge (it needs a charge before you start) and the Bluetooth connection is instant. Very versatile, the only limit is the size of my iPad. The one thing I didn't think of is that the wood isn't magnetic...it would be handy if it stuck to the iPad!
on 21 May 2017
A welcome and usable alternative to paying out a fortune for a Surface or iPad pro. Well made and good functionality when used with the 53 Paper app. Drawings have retained my style - and i was expecting this to take more getting used to then it has. Recommended.
on 19 February 2016
Does everything claimed good piece of kit but slightly disappointed in control when working on close detail but rocks all the same
on 8 June 2017
Broke on the first day, nib snapped off. Got no reply from seller
on 18 June 2017
A lot of inconvenients, i think it was better.
He have a lot of Disadvantages, not so detailed, not so accurate.
Lack of use.
"Uncomfortable", and unnecessarily heavy.
Complex technology, loading, unloading, etc.
on 5 April 2017
Really nice bit of kit. Feels natural and works like a dream
on 25 June 2017
Does exactly what its suppose to do and at a great price. My daughter uses it daily and has had no problems at all.
on 4 June 2017
not much better than a passive rubber stylus. was looking for a tool to convert from paper and pen to something and iPhone7. this was not it.