on 31 May 2014
I've had those plastic wallet types in the past. You know, the ones that hide all the icons at the bottom of the screen until you 'push the ipad up' and allow you to take photographs of the inside of the case?

It's refreshing to be able to see and access the FULL screen on this device. The Ipad Mini is NOT exposed at the back of the device; it but snaps, quite securely, into the hollow surround. All ports are accessible.

The screen frame is not up in the air (as it might look on the picture). Indeed the bracket you can see is much closer to the keyboard and is probably only 4mm high. It can swivel without touching any keys. It can also tilt away to up to 180 degrees, but works fine at 45 degrees, which is more than adequate. Any more than that and the ipad becomes heavier than the keyboard, thus raising the keyboard into the air!

I am not sure why you'd want it to swivel left and right, but If the person next to you on a train or aircraft wants to share the movie or ask what you're working on, you can twist the screen. There was no issue with balance ratio when turning the screen around and there is sufficient friction on all joints.

There are 3 coloured LED's (Amber Caps Lock, Red Battery and Blue Blu-Tooth connect); plus a connect button and keyboard on/off switch. You get a 3 foot USB to mini USB cable for charging the keyboard (the thin samsung style connector) and the charge will last for weeks.

The keys feel about the same as they do on most of these style keyboards, but they are nearer to the front edge leaving the space for switches and buttons at the top, which makes it feel a more natural typing position. the keys use a typical layout, with perhaps slightly more 2nd function options than most, yet there are still some characters that you need to hunt for like the pound sign, apostrophe()s and other things that aren()t quite where you()d expect them - forgive me Iam writing the review on it!!

But, it is easier to copy and paste blocks of text. What would normally be the escape key is the Ipad HOME button, which is surprisingly useful The volume is fn 9 (mute) and 0 and - for up/down - which is a lot easier than holding the screen with one hand and trying to remember: 'is it left or right button for decrease volume?'

All controls are easily accessible and the biggest gain - that those with existing plastic cases will appreciate - is that the camera lens does not slip down and become obscured!

When lifted into the air, the keyboard will maintain its lateral position - as the hinge is stiff enough to maintain integrity when lifted, so the keyboard won't fall to 180' with gravity and there's no magnetic keyboards to fall into puddles!

In use, this looks just like a notebook. I doubt anyone would realise this was an ipad mini. The countour, colour and texture of the material matches the IPAD almost identically. The keyboard even has a mirrored black glass-like surface making it look like it is one integrated sleek device. Everyone will think you have a notepad!

So what about when it is closed, does the screen get scratched on those keys? Simple answer no. There are two very small rubber stops at the front edge which hold it 1mm above and even moving the top around (slightly) when closed, I can't see any contact - just daylight coming through. But you can always get a screen protector if you're fearful.

At first i thought this device might not be so portable to open whilst using googlemaps walking down the road; but I found that if you twist the screen 180 degrees away from you you can then close the keyboard behind the screen, you can hold it without the keyboard sticking into your chest whilst walking. This is a definite plus point for me as it then becomes both a sturdy desktop model or a portable hold-whilst-you-walk device too!

However, should you require, removing the IPAD from the frame is not that easy and requires peeling away the case from each edge in a move that requires careful dexterity and a lot of bravery - similar to removing the case from the back of an expensive smartphone!

The outside case is matt plastic, similar to the other side of a laptop screen, so it will be prone to showing grease. I keep it in thin notebook material wallet to protect it.

Overall a very smart looking and sturdy piece of kit. Even the red SNUGG logo on the outside case looks smart!
VINE VOICEon 25 January 2016
I was a bit suspicious that an iPad keyboard case costing so little (in comparison to other good brands) could be any good. Fortunately, the Snugg iPad Mini case is excellent.

Encased in a hard shell that covers the back of the iPad, with the keyboard acting as a clamshell to protect the screen, this case is much better at protecting the device than some soft keyboard cases. The keys are excellent, as well. I've had cheap £10 cases where the keys were so basic they never registered when typing fast, but these are great and responsive.

The swivel feature allows you to use the tablet without the keyboard but still in the case, the keyboard simply tucks behind. It does add some extra depth, of course, but not as much as you'd expect. The hinges are stiff enough to keep the screen upright (like a laptop) for typing or, turned around, watching video.

There's a light on the top to show when the keyboard is on or the battery is low and charging is done via a standard micro-USB. Although it would have been great to charge using the same Apple Lightning port, at least this means you can use any cheap micro-usb cable and charge at the same time you put your iPad on charge. That said, the battery lasts for ages, anyway.

My 9 year old daughter is thrilled with her pink case and the range of colours is another good reason to choose these Snugg cases. It's ideal for her, acting as a stand for watching TV on her iPad or for using it as a basic laptop for school homework.

Overall a very easy recommendation.
on 18 March 2015
Has a nice sturdiness.
The non-slip matt material has a nice feel and keeps it in place on table top.

The swivel feature is what makes it brilliant – I find it excellent for watching clips in bed – and for hands free reading.

Nice looker too – people always second glance, especially as I stuck the Apple sticker on the lid – people ask ‘what computer is that?’!

Good price too. I’m happy.
review image review image review image
on 21 November 2015
This is a beautiful product, very strong and versatile. It is heavy-ish but that reassures me that it will really protect my iPad. It is excellent value and amazingly has a life-time guarantee. With my previous iPad I had a keyboard that cost three times as much and lasted about two years. I then bought another equally expensive keyboard that lasted about three years. I have contacted the company on one occasion and found them really helpful and supportive. I am sorry I didn't discover this product before now.
on 10 January 2015
Gift for my son for Christmas, protects his iPad beautifully. Not too heavy, swivelling screen allows easy access to iPad only and the keyboard is great for typing of any kind. The fact you don't have to rely on batteries is an added bonus. Everyone who has seen this case has passed comment.
on 23 July 2014
I was worried when i got this case that it would be difficult to set up but it really did take just seconds After that I was impressed with the quality of the keyboard it feels strong and the iPad fits in really well. It also rotates well and despite my fear it might be flimsy it is actually a strong resistant rotating case.
on 13 May 2015
A brilliant case! Will protect my ipad mini perfectly and the keyboard is just great to have. Having had dealings with this company before, I just want to add that their customer service is second to none, they really do take customer satisfaction very seriously. Well done Snugg for getting it right!
on 27 March 2015
Brought this and within a month they keyboard stopped working so had to return, lucky we hadn't had it longer than 30 days. Return was straight forward and simple but we really liked the keyboard so purchased another one as we thought that one may have had a technical glitch. Had the second one 3/4 weeks and it broke again the same as the first one. Returned yesterday and Amazon emailed confirming they will be processing a refund.

***REVIEW UPDATE 21/04/15***

I received a phone call from the snugg company regarding my recent order. They were extremely sorry for the two keyboards I had received and sent me another one free of charge.

In all honestly, even when I brought the keyboard to start we really liked it, it's easy to set up and use and very convenient. So when the company said the would send us another one I was abit hesitant but we have not had any problems.

I defiantly would recommend this company, they are very professional and fair. 5***** company and lovely staff who work for them.

on 21 July 2014
This is a smooth and sleek iPad keyboard case. The keys are easy to use and connecting my iPad was pretty straightforward. The case adds a bit of weight on (as would be expected!) but overall it is still fairly light.

It turns my iPad into a laptop and it feels very secure. It is worth the money, I'm very happy with it.
on 1 February 2015
excellent I amusing it to type this review - protects the ipad excellent for my nine year old daughter