Top positive review
Comparison Snugg vs ClamCase Pro (had for 3 years)
on 10 April 2017
Mostly, I'm very happy with my new Snugg. I've had it a few weeks, and bought it to replace a ClamCase Pro that I'd had for 3 years and had finally become irreparable after 2 years of supergluing and duck tape. The Clamcase had a great keyboard, but was made of a plastic that cracked through normal use (just out of guarantee) and got progressively worse and worse! So, with the Snugg there is a little getting used to the different keyboard layout and I'm making many typing errors - but I know that will pass.
So my comparison here is between the Snugg and the ClamCase Pro...
• Less than 1/2 the price!
• Good construction, nice feel to the outside of the case - feels built to last (and has a lifetime guarantee!)
• Clever hinge for the 360 viewing (but I haven't) needed it yet. The normal viewing is good - there's no snap into different places, except 180º but smooth all the way
• All iPad controls well accessible
• On the keyboard, I like the standard positions of the Delete, Return, righthand Shift and Arrow keys
• The Snugg is heavy!!! (noticeably more than the ClamCase) The combined weight of iPad and Snugg makes for quite a weight.
• The Space bar on the keyboard is unnecessarily short, currently leading to a lot of typing errors. Either of the right hand Cmd or Alt keys could have been sacrificed in my mind.
• The position of the apostrophe key is going to take some getting used to - strange for such a used key to need a function key.
• Occasionally a key won't work first press
Overall, It's great!