on 3 May 2015
I am sure some of you are in the same boat as me, wondering if this will fit the iPad Air 2. I can tell you that it does and it fits perfectly!
I was concerned because the page doesn't mention the air 2 at all, but on Snugg's web page you are directed here to purchase the iPad 2 version.

Anyway I took a gamble and it fits, cut outs all align perfectly and the product seems great quality.

I hope this review helps others air 2 users to purchase this great but of kit!
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2015
I purchased this keyboard case in October 2015, and was initially bowled over by it. Not only did it give my iPad Air a stunning new look, it made it so functional, it completely justified the £44.99 cost. The only annoyance I really found with it is that there is no £ sign on the keys, so would need to turn off keyboard to add this sign from the iPad keyboard... Not a huge issue when it has a whole list of pro's! No way of gauging what battery life it has left either but I've not ever known a case like this to have that ability, even the more expensive ones.
So, my updated review.... I have used the keyboard, but not heavy use, but have charged it when it's ran down, given it full charges so have worked and charged the battery properly. I didn't use my iPad for 3 days last week but both iPad and keyboard battery were full. Switching iPad and keyboard on I was a bit confused why the keyboard had no life in it, it hadn't been left switched on.. Astonished how 3 days of non use would drain the battery. I plugged it in to charge it and the charging light would stay on for about a minute and then dimly flash before going off again.
Trying several different charging leads made no difference. I left it on charge to see if it was still accepting the charge but a couple of hours later, still dead.
So disappointed as the case was an absolute must have, but as for lasting just 5 months? No, am afraid to me, it's not worth the money
on 31 May 2014
I've had those plastic wallet types in the past. You know, the ones that hide all the icons at the bottom of the screen until you 'push the ipad up' and allow you to take photographs of the inside of the case?

It's refreshing to be able to see and access the FULL screen on this device. The Ipad Mini is NOT exposed at the back of the device; it but snaps, quite securely, into the hollow surround. All ports are accessible.

The screen frame is not up in the air (as it might look on the picture). Indeed the bracket you can see is much closer to the keyboard and is probably only 4mm high. It can swivel without touching any keys. It can also tilt away to up to 180 degrees, but works fine at 45 degrees, which is more than adequate. Any more than that and the ipad becomes heavier than the keyboard, thus raising the keyboard into the air!

I am not sure why you'd want it to swivel left and right, but If the person next to you on a train or aircraft wants to share the movie or ask what you're working on, you can twist the screen. There was no issue with balance ratio when turning the screen around and there is sufficient friction on all joints.

There are 3 coloured LED's (Amber Caps Lock, Red Battery and Blue Blu-Tooth connect); plus a connect button and keyboard on/off switch. You get a 3 foot USB to mini USB cable for charging the keyboard (the thin samsung style connector) and the charge will last for weeks.

The keys feel about the same as they do on most of these style keyboards, but they are nearer to the front edge leaving the space for switches and buttons at the top, which makes it feel a more natural typing position. the keys use a typical layout, with perhaps slightly more 2nd function options than most, yet there are still some characters that you need to hunt for like the pound sign, apostrophe()s and other things that aren()t quite where you()d expect them - forgive me Iam writing the review on it!!

But, it is easier to copy and paste blocks of text. What would normally be the escape key is the Ipad HOME button, which is surprisingly useful The volume is fn 9 (mute) and 0 and - for up/down - which is a lot easier than holding the screen with one hand and trying to remember: 'is it left or right button for decrease volume?'

All controls are easily accessible and the biggest gain - that those with existing plastic cases will appreciate - is that the camera lens does not slip down and become obscured!

When lifted into the air, the keyboard will maintain its lateral position - as the hinge is stiff enough to maintain integrity when lifted, so the keyboard won't fall to 180' with gravity and there's no magnetic keyboards to fall into puddles!

In use, this looks just like a notebook. I doubt anyone would realise this was an ipad mini. The countour, colour and texture of the material matches the IPAD almost identically. The keyboard even has a mirrored black glass-like surface making it look like it is one integrated sleek device. Everyone will think you have a notepad!

So what about when it is closed, does the screen get scratched on those keys? Simple answer no. There are two very small rubber stops at the front edge which hold it 1mm above and even moving the top around (slightly) when closed, I can't see any contact - just daylight coming through. But you can always get a screen protector if you're fearful.

At first i thought this device might not be so portable to open whilst using googlemaps walking down the road; but I found that if you twist the screen 180 degrees away from you you can then close the keyboard behind the screen, you can hold it without the keyboard sticking into your chest whilst walking. This is a definite plus point for me as it then becomes both a sturdy desktop model or a portable hold-whilst-you-walk device too!

However, should you require, removing the IPAD from the frame is not that easy and requires peeling away the case from each edge in a move that requires careful dexterity and a lot of bravery - similar to removing the case from the back of an expensive smartphone!

The outside case is matt plastic, similar to the other side of a laptop screen, so it will be prone to showing grease. I keep it in thin notebook material wallet to protect it.

Overall a very smart looking and sturdy piece of kit. Even the red SNUGG logo on the outside case looks smart!
I was a bit suspicious that an iPad keyboard case costing so little (in comparison to other good brands) could be any good. Fortunately, the Snugg iPad Mini case is excellent.

Encased in a hard shell that covers the back of the iPad, with the keyboard acting as a clamshell to protect the screen, this case is much better at protecting the device than some soft keyboard cases. The keys are excellent, as well. I've had cheap £10 cases where the keys were so basic they never registered when typing fast, but these are great and responsive.

The swivel feature allows you to use the tablet without the keyboard but still in the case, the keyboard simply tucks behind. It does add some extra depth, of course, but not as much as you'd expect. The hinges are stiff enough to keep the screen upright (like a laptop) for typing or, turned around, watching video.

There's a light on the top to show when the keyboard is on or the battery is low and charging is done via a standard micro-USB. Although it would have been great to charge using the same Apple Lightning port, at least this means you can use any cheap micro-usb cable and charge at the same time you put your iPad on charge. That said, the battery lasts for ages, anyway.

My 9 year old daughter is thrilled with her pink case and the range of colours is another good reason to choose these Snugg cases. It's ideal for her, acting as a stand for watching TV on her iPad or for using it as a basic laptop for school homework.

Overall a very easy recommendation.
on 18 March 2015
Has a nice sturdiness.
The non-slip matt material has a nice feel and keeps it in place on table top.

The swivel feature is what makes it brilliant – I find it excellent for watching clips in bed – and for hands free reading.

Nice looker too – people always second glance, especially as I stuck the Apple sticker on the lid – people ask ‘what computer is that?’!

Good price too. I’m happy.
review image review image review image
on 21 November 2015
This is a beautiful product, very strong and versatile. It is heavy-ish but that reassures me that it will really protect my iPad. It is excellent value and amazingly has a life-time guarantee. With my previous iPad I had a keyboard that cost three times as much and lasted about two years. I then bought another equally expensive keyboard that lasted about three years. I have contacted the company on one occasion and found them really helpful and supportive. I am sorry I didn't discover this product before now.
on 9 December 2014
Wow I am Well impressed,!! Having other keyboards before, I thought I new what to expect, but this one far exceeds all the others, adds a bit of bulk but brilliant quality, infact everyone I've shown, wants to know when e'er really I got it. Good stuff snugg Well done
on 30 September 2014
Although initially there were problems, I am pleased to say that these have been resolved and the after sales great.

I have always been a great fan of Snugg items because they look smart as well as functioning well. For this reason they were my first port of call when looking for a keyboard case.

The keyboard on this case is very good. Very easy to use.
on 10 January 2015
Gift for my son for Christmas, protects his iPad beautifully. Not too heavy, swivelling screen allows easy access to iPad only and the keyboard is great for typing of any kind. The fact you don't have to rely on batteries is an added bonus. Everyone who has seen this case has passed comment.
on 23 July 2014
I was worried when i got this case that it would be difficult to set up but it really did take just seconds After that I was impressed with the quality of the keyboard it feels strong and the iPad fits in really well. It also rotates well and despite my fear it might be flimsy it is actually a strong resistant rotating case.