on 31 January 2016
What were they thinking when they made this film? This has none of the humour or charm of the TV programme, and on top of that, it's boring.

It took me four separate sittings to get through this film, and I never laughed once. The barrister in court with Tourettes just isn't funny, and neither is a team of blind ninjas stumbling around bumping into things. When comedy is this lame, the lameness can be a source of laughs as a last resort, but they seemed to have found a way of sucking absolutely everything out of the humour. It's quite remarkable really...

The story line is wafer thin too, there's more substance in one episode of the TV series.

I watched this on Amazon prime Video, and although it never cost me any extra money, I still feel robbed.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 January 2015
If I could give this dvd no stars I would. I can't ever remember not bothering to watch a DVD to the end, especially when I spent so much on it. I love the TV show, but this was abysmal. Even the 'bonus' features weren't worth watching. They were garbled, complicated and very boring. The dvd was just stupid. Please, people, don't waste your money on this trash, it is honestly not worth it. Bitterly disappointed, Brendan O'Carroll.
on 9 August 2017
Was soooo looking forward to a good laugh but unfortunately it didn't happen best part was the 5 mins at the start and 10 mins at the end. Not a patch on the TV series..glad I didn't pay alot for this DVD such a shame..😞
on 18 September 2015
The film is not funny or good in anyway like the TV series, was such a disappointment to watch after i was looking forward to watching it. I found it to be boring and just not funny, nothing like the TV series where you can't stop laughing all the way through, would not recommend the film to anyone to be honest. Stick to the TV series instead much, much better in every way.
on 19 April 2015
some parts of the series show promise; and great humour; this does not come across in this movie. Whether they have toned it down for the big screen; is questionable; but the long version, with the poor script and lack of comedy - is not worthy of a movie. I couldn't watch it all; dull, uninspiring - they even left some of the actors laughin in the scenes in on purpose.. ridiculously unfunny..
on 18 February 2015
Very disappointed with the film after laughing ourselves stupid watching the tv series. It was just not funny I'm afraid. A waste of time and money. Quite sad to be honest, as we had looked forward to watching so much. Maybe Mrs Brown has come to a natural end- if so, I do hope Brendan O'Carroll knows when to quit
on 10 January 2016
I found it better than I expected. I enjoy the show but wasn't sure how they would make it in a film. It is the best film from a TV show that I have seen. They didn;t go mad with sets and long outside footage, which some shows do in this situation. The story was straightforward and relevant. I found myself laughing out loud at the humour. Personally I would like to have seen a bit more of the supporting cast - but it may have muddled the plot I guess. I would be surprised if anyone who likes the show doesn't like this film. If they don't watch/like the show anyway, they probably wouldn't get this at all. Genuinely a comedy in support of the ordinary folk of Dublin. Feckin; brilliant, Mrs Brown!
on 3 January 2015
bought for mum for xmas but you have to watch it just to make sure it plays ok....love the script hail, rain or sunshine ditty on....so glad I didn't go to cinema to see it as I would of been so disappointed....its an ok film but maybe more than 30 mins is rather a long time for mrs brown, bit flat in places...simple story line think it may end up in a charity bag...
on 25 October 2016
Not nearly as good as the television series - feels different on the big screen, lost it's charm - but still a must-have item for the collection. A few funny scenes, but felt like recycled material from the show for the most part.
on 19 January 2018
AM AN ABSOLUTE MAD FAN OF BRENDAN O'CARROLL AND THE MRS BROWN'S BOYS. THE MOVIE DIDN'T DO IT FOR ME. CONTRIVED, SILLY AND JUST MISSING A VITAL INGREDIENT. THE TV SERIES IS SO FAR AHEAD OF THE MOVIE. SORRY - I AM A BIG FAN, BUT, THE MOVIE LEFT US COLD. WOULD RETURN IT, IF I COULD!