Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

Perfect Nightmare was originally published in 2005. The book runs to approx. 386 pages and is an easy read. Shouldn't take you to long to get through it.

What's it about?. The mystery begins with a disappearance. Teenager, Lindsay, goes missing from her bedroom during the night. Did she run away because of family trouble or was there something more sinister?.

Saul builds up a troubled family history and slowly injects light, psychological tension. It appears people are disappearing from a series of houses recently put on the market for sale. Might that be the link to Lindsay?. I'm not telling you!. As the search for the missing continues to build, two unlikely people draw closer together while a darker character stalks the neighbourhood.

Perfect Nightmare isn't a great story. It's a decent story and fine if you're looking for a more gentle thriller with some decently worked tension and eeriness. If you like your fiction 'hard boiled' you'll be disappointed.
on 10 December 2014
It has been a long time since I have read a book like this one. This is a dark psychological thriller beyond imagination. It does take a little while to get going, but once it does it is the perfect companion to burn away that midnight oil. When cheerleader Lindsay Marshall disappears from her bedroom one night, the nightmare for her parents has just began. The police ignore her mother's fears that she has been abducted, believing her to be just another runaway. But once other women begin to disappear in similar circumstances, the unimaginable evil lurking in the background fuels a nightmare without end. Packed with heart wrenching suspense, sheer horror and plenty of twists and turns, this truly is the stuff of nightmares. This was my first book by John Saul, I will definitely read many more.
on 25 July 2014
I enjoyed this book but a little more suspense and horror would have been welcome. I found the voice of the killer a little stilted and not really dread inducing. Worth a read but instantly forgettable.
on 16 July 2014
John Saul has definitely written better novels, this, for me, was pretty average. I also didn't realise, as another reviewer has commented, that this is a re-release so I'm pretty lucky I haven't read it before or I would have been a little disappointed.

The story itself doesn't gather any real pace until the end, it kind of plods along mainly between the thoughts and feelings of Lindsey, her friends and family, and the madman, who, I must admit, I found to be quite obvious - though his reasons for doing what he does, not so obvious until the end.

For the current price of 99p, if you're a fan of this genre or John Saul it's worth a punt.
on 29 July 2014
This took too long to get going, in my opinion. I was getting bored but was hoping something would get my interest up any minute now. When it did it became more enjoyable, but really there was nothing special about this book at all, and, unusually for me I was quite pleased when it ended. An ok story but it felt like something I'd read before or a B movie I'd seen. Would probably work better as a film.
on 10 November 2014
Wow! Another great book I simply couldn't put down. So many twists and turns, I just didn't want it to end. Never expected the ending so that keeps the reader in so much suspense. It was every mother's nightmare and the title of this book says it all. Don't read it at bedtime as it may give you nightmares. Wonderfully written.
on 17 August 2014
Not a patch on the usual John Saul novels of the 80' s. Easy reading but seems you have read this kind of novel once before. Think I will remember his Nathanial and Cry For The Strangers a lot longer than this one.
on 26 July 2014
First time read for me and enjoyed it immensely, was a bit predictable from middle onwards but still good. Thanks
on 1 October 2014
I enjoyed reading this book too .Will probably read more by same author at later date
on 23 July 2014
Good read but for me confusing at times quite gritty