Can't fault this. A replacement for a much loved Kindle Keyboard, the Paperwhite is smaller, lighter and just so easy to use. Phenomenal on board storage, and with the backlight, it's an amazing device for reading in low or poor light. I thought I'd miss my KK of more than three years daily use; I don't. The PW is better in every way.
on 16 August 2014
After a basic kindle (which was so easy to use), I'm finding this one abit fiddly, with the touch screen, I have to remember to keep my fingers off it!
I'm not keen on the organisation within my collection, I'm either not doing it right or I suppose I've got to try and get used to it.
Love the bit in light - MUST for an avid reader.
Yes I do love it and no regrets buying it.
on 18 April 2017
Love my Kindle
on 13 September 2014
It is amazing the clarity in all lights is fantastic
on 8 July 2014
Paid extra for 3G that is effectively useless. I was hoping to be able to access my mail whilst in a different country. I previously owned a Kindle Keyboard that I was perfectly happy with and unfortunately broke. But I could still access mail and internet in a basic fashion - which is why I paid extra for 3G.

On the Kindle Paperwhite, 3G is effectively useless. I feel ripped off and lied to because a feature from the previous Kindle has now been dropped and I would rather have a working version of the previous Kindle than have paid extra for a crippled feature I will never use.
on 10 October 2014
very disappointed with this. Not as good as my Kindle Keyboard. I am giving it a real test, but will probably have to get in touch with
Amazon, as the list of books doesn't, seem right. They keep coming up on both Cloud and Device/. Can't say I like the way to get from one page to another, was much simpler before. I honestly don't know who thought this one would be better. I certainly couldn't in all honesty tell other people to buy it. It has a few saving graces in as much as the look and weight of it, also the light can be adjusted.
Another thing is the size of letters, although these shpuls be able to be adjusted, they have to be on a very large size. Not what I think
it should have to be.
on 18 May 2015
I wavered between I don't like it and It's okay, but decided on I don't like it, because I don't!

I only bought the Paperwhite because my first Kindle froze and the 'Helpdesk' was only able to offer the standard reset instructions, press Menu and do you want prices for refurbished models?? I was very happy with my old Kindle, but not so happy with this one.

There are several problems with the Paperwhite in my opinion. Firstly, the unit is too small - I only have small hands, but find that the sides of the Kindle are very narrow and my fingers keep slipping off and hitting the screen, consequently I end up several pages away from where I want to be and have to move backward and forwards in the book which is extremely irritating. To avoid this, I have to balance the unit and can end up with cramp in my hand. Conversely, sometimes when I want to turn the page, the damn machine doesn't respond and I then end up pressing a little too long and get the dictionary appearing!

The function keys were confusing to start with and aren't as user-friendly as my old unit which was very simple.

When looking for books, the search feature can be slow to respond to the keyboard and I've found myself entering letters multiple times because the system doesn't respond to information being inputted and then having to delete everything (and again, it's slow to respond) and start again. I almost threw it at the wall last week because it was so slow and annoying.

On two occasions it has done a spontaneous reboot. Last night, I was reading my book when it decided to reboot of its own accord, consequently when I was able to go back into my book I had to scroll through until I found where I was up to (and as I had been reading for about an hour, that was a lot of pages!).

I've only had the unit a few weeks and have had to reboot a few times because it has frozen which doesn't bode well for the future.

On the positives, I like the backlight feature which is handy and when I received it, all my old books were on the Cloud to be called down as required, which was a relief.

So, whilst I am very positive about ebooks in general, the Paperwhite isn't the best Kindle in my opinion.
on 29 August 2014
I've had my kindle for a month now and can never put it down. I decided on the 3G model so that i can still purchase books while I'm sat on the beach abroad and the paperwhite screen is perfect for reading in any environment. My better half loved mine so much I had to buy her one too. Please realise that the browser on this is just experimental, doesn't browse the full web on 3G and will never compare to an iPad etc. I've used my iPad to read my Kindle books for a while now but the glare on the screen of the iPad, its weight and battery life were major factors in me buying the Kindle. I'm so so so glad I did and its worth every penny!!! I purchased the case, worldwide charger and extra warranty at the same time, which brought it to a complete package. Please bear in mind the cost of these extras and the extra features the original cases power off function etc give.
on 28 March 2015
I've had a kindle for 3years now upgraded to a 3G kindle due to not having access to wifi and I could not live without it now the light is brilliant and storage is good books download within second. It's light and easy to read could not recommend enough
review image review image
on 20 December 2014
Everyone should have a Kindle Paperwhite. I have purchased one for my 8 year old daughter for Christmas and having seen her use mine with ease I feel happy with our choice of Christmas gift. My Kindle arrived about 2 weeks ago as an early Christmas gift and I feel like a child with a new favourite toy. I am absolutely delighted with it and have found it so easy to use. I am no techno geek but even I can flick from one book to another, page to page, search new books and newpapers and double check the meaning of words which I am unsure about (I always plan to do this after reading a normal book but rarely bother).

I like many, love the feel of holding a real book but you can do that from time to time as well, its not like we can't do both! For the fast pace of life that so many live, a Kindle is perfect. I have an amazing case that straps to my hand, so I walk around literally connected to my books!!

Go for it, there's nothing not to like. How can I say anything negative about this genius piece of kit.
(Lets hope if I need after-sale care, that its just as good)