Customer reviews

Cross My Heart
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 January 2013
I can't say I agree with the other 5 star reviews for this book.

It's OK and I'm glad it was a freebie but it hasn't made me want to read the other books in the series.

Jenna Landry is a former rock musician and is getting ready to start a new job and a new life in L.A. She is currently back in her hometown for the summer house sitting for her Auntie. Her next door neighbour is Surgeon, Michael Stone.

Michael has a daughter Claire who has come to stay with him (reluctantly) for the summer. She doesn't live with Michael but with her grandparents. Michael and his daughter don't have the best of relationships and she is not happy that she has had to come and stay with him when she wanted to go away to summer camp. When Claire notices Jenna is his new neighbour and tells him who she is and about her rock star status, to try to improve Claire's mood, he invites Jenna to dinner.

I was slightly put off at Michael making dinner...first he was chopping Radishes for his salad then he was fussing over his dinner table and if it looked OK!! Michael and Jenna are attracted to each other but decide not to have a relationship as she will soon be leaving and going on a reunion tour with her old band. They agree on a one night stand...the book has a few sex scenes and my worries about domesticated Michael were put to rest when he was in the bedroom!!

Obviously after the one night stand they are still madly attracted to each other but must go through the normal 'apart' period before they realise that love can overcome any obstacle and they can be together and have their HEA. Michael also learns how to be a better father.

The book was a bit boring and predictable for me and I didn't really care either way for the H or H.
on 12 March 2013
I really enjoyed this book.
Michael is so locked in with his emotions after a traumatic childhood that his daughter and previous partners think he's cold. He's far from it this guy is smoking hot. I think the fact he's so in control makes me go weak when he loses control over Jenna. Fit is not the word.
Jenna has been hurt she's scared of commitment. She funny sweet talented kind and pretty. The type of person you'd love as a friend.
I loved the ending I almost cried and I did laugh.
Magic
on 20 April 2017
Good book
on 22 January 2013
Wow, I was really caught up in this well written romance. Makes a change to read something which isn't ruled by sex and s&m! The story is beautifully woven together and I couldn't put it down. Well done to the author! Definitely a bargain read!
on 3 October 2017
The ending was predictable.
An enjoyable pick up and put down read.
I really prefer thrillers but thought I would try a romance.
on 29 August 2017
Not a very good story
on 30 November 2013
A lovely storyline. I read it in an afternoon because wanted to know what happened and wasn't disappointed. Worth reading.
on 29 July 2013
Got this as a freebie and was attracted to it because of the reviews. It didn't disappoint. Easy reading. Hard to put down.
on 21 October 2014
Brilliant book, loved it!
on 23 February 2014
A VERY ENJOYABLE EASY RELAXING READ....A BOOK YOU CAN READ IN A FEW DAYS....PUT YOUR FEET UP AND READ THIS LOVE STORY :)