on 22 May 2014
it,s the song that came second in the eurovision song contest from the netherlands. it,s a lovely laid back country type song sang by the common linnets which i think should have come 1st. listen to it a couple of times to appreciate the whole song. buy it ,it would be nice to see it in the charts a complete change from normal chart hits.
on 26 June 2015
Saw this on the 2014 Eurovision Contest and thought it should have won or come second to "Undo". A haunting song, well sung. Haven't heard of the group since, which is a shame for they show real promise with this song.
on 14 May 2014
There is usually one song in the Eurovision Song Contest that outshines the rest, and in 2014 this is the one that should outlast the rest.
This is a good Country and Western song with a story to tell, perfectly performed, and thoroughly recommended for C & W fans and for others who enjoy gentle easy listening - the song did after all come second in the final contest and first in its semi-final.
on 16 May 2014
Should have won eurovision by a country mile and the best song since waterloo and probably would have won if panels had not had 50% of the vote and instead 100% of the vote was given to the public. Politics and the desire to annoy Russia ensured Austria winning instead of this excellent song.
on 24 May 2014
It should have been the winner. It was the type of song that was catchy and one that one would remember long after the actual winning entry . Hope to hear more of The Common Linnets.
on 13 May 2014
Thought this should have won Eurovision this year. The only song I actually wanted to hear again and buy. A lovely melodic song with great harmonies and quite understated.
4 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2014
In my opinion the only real "pop" song in Eurovision. Lovely country sound, sung extremely well with smooth harmony.
No diva belter here!
This should do well in all charts.
on 18 May 2014
I love the soothing, calming effect this song has on me.Their performance on the 2014 Eurovision final was completely mesmerizing, because they were totally into what they were singing. The fact they were singing to each other made it seem personal and we were the privileged ones to be allowed in. Great song!
2 people found this helpful
on 14 May 2014
I first heard this song on Graham Norton's radio 2 show. I thought it was a beautiful song but Graham thought that it wouldn't get anywhere. I think it came second!! It;s a gorgeous song, I think I'll be buying the album too.
on 6 August 2014
I downloaded this, as I felt it was a much better song than the winner. I listen to it constantly. Great tune.