Format: Blu-ray|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 May 2015
Not as bad as most reviews say. I must admit the negative reviews on amazon put me off at first, but £10 pounds for a 3D film, i thought i would give it a go and am glad i did because i really enjoyed this film. Don't get me wrong its no epic, its just a very good action film, plus the 3D was very good, you don't get much popping out of your screen but the 3D depth and the picture quality is very nice. Ignore the negative reviews and make your own mind up and give it a go. Am glad i did.

***BLU-RAY FEATURES***
Audio Commentary with Director Remy Harlin and actor Kellan lutz.
The Making of The Legend of Hercules.
review image review image review image review image
on 28 February 2015
In Ancient Greece 1200 B.C., a queen succumbs to the lust of Zeus to bear a son promised to overthrow the tyrannical rule of the king and restore peace to a land in hardship. But this prince, Hercules, knows nothing of his real identity or his destiny. He desires only one thing: the love of Hebe, Princess of Crete, who has been promised to his own brother. When Hercules learns of his greater purpose, he must choose: to flee with his true love or to fulfill his destiny and become the true hero of his time. The story behind one of the greatest myths is revealed in this action-packed epic - a tale of love, sacrifice and the strength of the human spirit.

Well directed, decent acting and with a good supporting cast. Kellan Lutz and Scott adkins give good solid performances in there roles, with good action scenes, simple storyline to follow, nice scenery, the costumes are nicely designed and decent CGI to keep you watching throughout.

Overall a good film and would watch again. Enjoy!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 April 2014
Excited by a great trailer, I dived at the chance to see this on the big screen in London. I enjoyed it, but its a bit of a mixed bag if I'm honest. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the movie and as a stand up action picture it works very well; but for a sword and sandal epic, it's just feels a bit "small screen" at times. Renny Harlin (Cliffhanger, Deep Blue Sea) occupies the director's chair and I've been a big fan of his work for ages but it's a journeyman effort bereft of flair and creativity. The gladiator scenes looked great on the big screen and the fight choreography is really good. Some of the CGI was poor, there's a bit when he fights the lion which isn't great but that's a small gripe. I was really surprised by Scott Adkins as King Amphitryon, Hercules earthly father and ultimate nemesis, I last saw him in Expendables 2, he has far more lines in this and is required to show a decent range of emotions which I found rather good and Liam Garrigan as Hercules brother and heir to the throne, he's suitably sniveling but is sympathetically scripted at times (how would you feel having a demi-god for a brother!). Kellan Lutz is fine as the musclebound hulk and to be fair I understood every line he uttered, they seem to have plastered him with false tan though and he is massively muscled so at times it looks like he's next up to pose for the judges in a bodybuilding competition - nothing wrong with that, I just thought "crikey look at his face!" when I first saw him. The set dressing is great and the varied locations lend an air of geography and scope to the proceedings and some of the CGI does it's job really well; there's a bit when he's swinging blocks around that looks quite good. There have been a lot of these sword and sandal epics around lately and the tale contains elements of Spartacus and Gladiator so its familiarity might have dampened my enjoyment a bit, it certainly did my colleague who was really disappointed, having said that, he didn't notice the certificate and expected a 300 style gore fest which this isn't because despite all the sword and slash, there's barely any blood on show!
This was one of my favorite cosmic myths until this film. The action was a ridiculous slow motion. What was that lion looking thing? Did Asylum make this film? Couldn't they hire any actors? Kellan Lutz? Did the "Twilight" series zap him of his acting ability too? Sure I knew how it ended, but at least try to entertain me. I would have never believed I would be pining for the old black and white Hercules movies dubbed in English.

Hercules was dull, lifeless, and couldn't read a line. What was with the buzz cut? It rates a razzy. I can't wait for the spoof.

Parental Guide: No F-bombs, sex, or nudity. Woman faking an orgasm for Zeus.
on 18 April 2014
Watch this and make up your own mind.
After listening to all the bad reviews and press this movie has had, I didn't fancy it much.
Having watched it, I'm glad that I did. It may not have big named stars but it is of no consequence as the movie is entertaining and action packed. At the heart of the tale is a love story, maybe not to everyone's taste but I didn't mind that. As a whole the movie was a pleasant surprise, I am glad that I gave it a go. Surprisingly I enjoyed it.
It's not a bad film but not the best they have released a lot of films about hercules lately but I would recommend the film starring dwayne johnsan for a more realistic film but this one is still worth a watch.
on 7 May 2014
Betrayed by his stepfather, the King, and exiled and sold into slavery because of a forbidden love, Hercules must use his formidable powers to fight his way back to his rightful kingdom.

Through battles and gladiator death matches, Hercules embarks on an odyssey to overthrow the King and restore peace to the land, all the while keeping his lovely hair and golden tan....

I've seen a hell of a lot of movies, and this one is far from the worst film I've seen. Its bad, don't get me wrong, but it stars the boring one from Twilight, with a girl from Hollyoaks playing his mother, and when the best thing about the film is a B-movie action star, what else do you expect?

Harlins film haven't been prolific since Cliffhanger, and that was twenty years ago, but they are as you would expect, cheesy, meat and potatoes action movies trying to do something a little different.

Lutz gets his motivation from a forest, as he woodenly goes from set piece to set piece, smouldering like a limp bonfire, and pouting to the camera as if someone is following him taking selfies.

If the film had taken out the element of slow motion, it would probably be about 20 minutes long, as the slow motion is overused here in a painful way.

So all in all its a pretty rough movie, but it's watchable, for all the wrong reasons..
on 3 October 2014
I thought this movie was gonna be Rubbish when i started watching it, but it was a great Action packed fun Movie and a nice Romantic ending to it instead of a Sad one. Loved the fighting and absolutely enjoyed the whole Movie. The New Pompeii is the one to watch too as it was Brilliant and just full of action. Kiefer Sutherland was Awfully Polite compared to his fierce role in 24 but an Evil devil nevertheless. Cracking Movie and one shouldn't be disappointed with either movies although Pompeii was by far my Favourite.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 January 2015
Yet another version of Hercules and another B movie rating although it did have a couple of redeeming features. The action scenes flowed reasonably well although the slow motion effect was a little overdone, some decent backdrops, and the appearance of Scott Adkins as King Amphitryon who eclipsed the rest of the cast. Certainly not the best attempt at this story, but not exactly the worst either. Rent or buy cheap, and it will pass the time on a wet Saturday afternoon.
on 22 November 2014
Sometimes people take watching films too seriously and film is one of these times. Of course the story is nonsense, it is never going to win an Oscar for anything. But what it is, is a great piece of disengage your brain and just enjoy the show. The acting is at times over the top, that's OK! The special effects are great and the action is excellent. What do you want? If you Oscar winning movies then watch Gladiator and Ben Hur!!!