on 3 July 2014
Good , very good product. Add extra 4 gb ram and job done. Another question is Windows 8- sick, sick programm. absolutly useless. App store sell products whitch you can download for free from original sites. Difficult to find were programs been installed. Win7 COME BACK Pls.
on 3 July 2014
Had it less than a day but am very impressed so far. Big screen, not too reflective, solid keyboard. the biggest problem is windows 8.1 but once you've disabled the mouse touchpad from bringing up the charm bar, set it to load to desktop instead of start and a few other tweaks it's pretty useable. Annoying amount of bloatware to get rid of, spotify, mcafee (does anyone still use that?) and the other useless apps. Download ccleaner before anything else to get rid of the excess and insert extra ram and its pretty fast. Comes with one month trial of msoffice too which is useful to try before you buy.
Roll back to windows 7 and we'd all be happy computer users. Toshiba are a reliable brand and no problems with the hardware as yet! You won't be disappointed with this one.
88 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2014
Machine is great, windows 8.1 is hard to get to grips with. This might get UPGRADED to windows 7. Good clear screen, quicker than I expected for only 4gb of memory. Battery life is good unless you set it for max performance then it suffers a bit as you would expect.
My requirements for a laptop was a 17inch screen and good quality screen. This has worked out great for me.

Amazon postage is suspect. Paying over £300 for an item you might exect amazon to dispatch quickly, oh no, they had to sit on it for 4 working days before they actually sent it out.

Heads up Amazon, I will not be buying from you if you keep this delayed postage up.
on 2 August 2015
Background: This laptop has been terrific over the (almost a) year I've had it. I replaced the initial supply of RAM with 16Gb and it flies.
I've customised Windows 8.1 to a mixture of the simplicity and workability of XP and the eye candy of 8.1.
Though I use the Start Menu more than the Start Screen, I don't disdain the latter, it just doesn't fit in with the things I use the PC for.

Now: I've just updated to Windows 10 and I can't do the simplest of things..... Can't resize open windows - won't restore down/won't maximise.
The 'Desktop' tile to navigate back to the Start Menu doesn't appear in Start Screen and adding the link into the 'Programs' folder doesn't force the app to display etc. etc. I've done nothing but look for solutions to a myriad of problems and already I've had enough, though I hate giving up.
I guess my many customisations to 8.1 are causing problems since the update to my partner's Acer laptop was seamless(ish), but then, he uses his machine for a very limited range of activities.
I can't wait for the first round of updates (too many basic flaws), so I'm grateful Microsoft has made the return to 8.1 a doddle.
on 25 January 2015
I bought it refurbished. it handles basic tasks with easy-that's the use I give to a pc anyway, it starts quick, keyboard feels ok, touchpad looks ok but I use a mouse, sound is tiny and lacks bass, screen very bright if chosen, battery lasts around 3 hours, only thing I noticed is the hdd to be quite noisy. Screen went black after 3 months, I sent it for warranty repair and now it is ok, I hope it will not happen again.
on 24 September 2014
The Laptop looks good,but I have lots of software problems,right from the start,it had to reboot, it seems,Microsoft Office (the free 30 days,downloaded,but I get a message there is a problem and I must look for an answer on the web (????really),the hard drive runs non stop (6 hours and counting until I turned it off),I must call somebody to fix it.....so,software problems,right from the start.....
on 9 September 2014
I feel happy with this Laptop but need to consider some problems:
1- Touch pad is not responded correctly
2- There are lots of useless Toshiba utilities that cause a high load on CPU and a decrease in device performance

Advantageous
1- A big screen that gives you a good impression of reading eBooks
2- Battery life is quite satisfactory
3- High quality sound that gives you a good feeling of listening to musics
on 5 July 2014
great laptop, love screensize and resolution is great, goes quickly through initial set up, easy to find way round windows 8.... fast loading and fast through applications, i just removed the apps I didnt want, delighted i bought it as toshiba are a great brand name as well!
on 20 October 2014
The computer itself is ok, a bit slow but!! do not buy this with Windows 8.1 unless it is touch screen, it will drive you mad, every time (while 8 out of 10) when you move the curser from the top of the screen you loose the page you are on! it pulls down a page you have used and kept, when you go back to the top to access the page you were working on you have to play catch to get it, it is so frustrating, please do not buy this computer with Windows 8.1.
on 1 August 2014